HELP!! Need to Identify these spray guns....

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by jzarski, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jzarski

jzarski New Member

Hello all, I am a first time poster in need of your help. I purchased a Binks B5 system a month and with it came two glascraft two component guns. I can not find any info on these and glascraft was of no help. I want to use these with my system and can't figure out how to calibrte and hook them up to my system. The system is in working order just need to get the right hose to the right spot on the gun.. Here is the gun I am talking about. There are four hookups on the back.. If anyone has any clue what model make anything please let me know.

[​IMG]

Thank you
    John

2. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

That gun is very old, you most likely won't be able to get parts for it.

3. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Wow just before i left new zealand in october 2010 i threw a complete gun assembly in the rubbish !!! :(
    It had chopper motor and had all new seals fitted ,we kept it as a spare assembly . Oldie but a goodie .;)

Easy to use , easy to clean and a breeze to maintain .Simple is best !!:p

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Its a glass craft gun without the chopper on top and if you get hold of the guys at plycraft they probably still got bits for them . were used for spraying polyester resin and also gelcoat .:D

5. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Top loader ??? as in ?? :confused:
    Go back to building boats and leave the glass to thems what know the trade Kiwi fella !

6. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

That is a very old model gun, I had a chopper unit like that in the 80's and I don't think I could get parts at that time, but you never know, you may be able to find some.

The Binks pump system should work well.

What type of catalyst system does it have? The pressure pot type catalyzers are poor at best, slave arm units work well.

7. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Best to build a glass case to put it in and put it on a shelf some where . It had a complicated pressurised tank with a tapered glass tube with a ball inside and the scale marked on the glass and adjusting flow knob at the bottom .. Has internal mix and no its a low pressure system and the later hi pressure pumps etc wont work . Get yourself a venus gun they will spray resin as well as gelcoat and are reliable as !! must be a lot of older modles about that are still usable / servicable and work well if looked after . :D

8. Nicholas Clark

Nicholas Clark Junior Member

I have some guns like that. I also have a chopper on mine.

9. Nicholas Clark

Nicholas Clark Junior Member