Goota love the Afgan sense of sensibilities

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I am consistently baffled by the rabid, mouth frothing, reactions I get to stating a simple truth

from

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5223932...s-no-link-between-iraq-al-qaida/#.TyBkmK69G0c

No ‘collaborative relationship’ seen
    It said that reports of subsequent contacts between Iraq and al-Qaida after bin Laden had returned to Afghanistan “do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship,” and added that two unidentified senior bin Laden associates "have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al-Qaida and Iraq."
    The report, the 15th released by the commission staff, concluded, “We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaida cooperated on attacks against the United States.”

as Jerry once said

you aint going to learn
    what you don't want to know

So take every point I have, the whole points thing is childish in the extreme anyway. Oh and your supposed to both sign it and offer a constructive criticism, so unless your name is BS. Which I suspect it might be. Your efforts are in vain.

2. BPL

BPL Senior Member

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I am consistently baffled by the rabid, foaming-at-the mouth, irrational gullibility of conspiracy buffs, who would rather believe the leaders and employees of our own government are more likely to have killed thousands of their fellow Americans than Al Qaeda is.

I'm sorry, but that's just batshirt, baying-at-the-moon crazy. It's incredible that you're trying to pass it off as a coherent, rational explanation. And why do you highlight the fact that Iraq wasn't in on it with Al Qaeda? We've known that for years, and it hardly proves that Al Qaeda wasn't involved.....

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Troy
    feel free to provide some evidence both to the FBI and the group. Cause so far I've backed up the fact that there is no evidence linking bin Laden or al quieda to 9/11 with documented statements

if you've got some earth shattering new information which might lead to the arrest of those responsible I think you might consider sharing it with us rather than just insulting me for presenting what appears to be the obvious facts, The FBI has no clue who pulled off the attacks of 9/11

I'm also curious, are you suggesting that the MSNBC report is a fake or something. I mean we do see some fake info come through every once in a while, like that fake bin Laden tape for instance. the MSNBC site clearly quotes

The report, the 15th released by the commission staff, concluded, “We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaida cooperated on attacks against the United States.”

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Sorry, but Prison Planet and Alex Jones Are the last people in the world I would believe on anything. See my earlier post on being batshirt crazy....:p)
    You're doing the same thing you decry in climate change deniers, Boston. You're recycling discredited information and claims, even though they've been repeatedly blown out of the water in the past -- and picking at inconsequential facts like an OJ juror, as though casting doubt on the pettiest, most irrelevant detail somehow proves Al Qaeda is innocent.

I don't believe Mark Fuhrman and the LAPD framed OJ Simpson, and I don't believe the United States government framed Al Qaeda.

And again: why do you keep pounding on the fact that Iraq wasn't involved? We've known that for years, so what's your point? Are you trying to claim that if Iraq wasn't involved, it somehow proves Al Qaeda wasn't either? We know that Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein didn't like or trust one another, for good reason.

I'm done with this drek.

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

the petty insults are a poor excuse for rational discussion, makes one wonder if you lack sufficient faith in your rebuttal that you are forced to an emotional outburst

I'm not as big a fan of Alex Jones or prison planet as the previous might have made me out to be. But its more than obvious that you don't have any credible evidence to back up the gubment version of events on 9/11 or you'd probably be using it instead of petty insults. You might think of also passing it on to the FBI since they seem to lack this evidence as well.

Which ( petty insults that is ) I might also point out don't do squat to further your argument, which by the way I'm kinda curious to know a little more about. The 9/11 commission admitted very clearly there best explanation of why BLDG 7 came down had a very low probability. IE they were not able to simulate how it could have happened. So what is it exactly that you believe happened???

the FBI also has failed to this day to provide sufficient evidence of involvement to bring an indictment to al queada or bin Laden

I did notice you failed to address the poor resemblance to bin Laden of the guy in the film, or how it is that the guy gets the names of the hijackers wrong.

Another one I'm kinda curious about is that if the FBI was unable after years of research to prove a link between either al queada or bin Laden and the events of 9/11 how is it that you feel so strongly there is one???

When the gubment of Afghanistan offered to turn over bin Laden and any fellow conspirators to any neutral country of our choice if the US would only provide its evidence of there involvement, and the US refuses the offer. I start getting suspicious.

So I'm curious

my position is that we don't know who committed the crime, and we don't know how some of the damage occurred.

because there is a basic lack of credible explanation or lack of credible evidence

whats your view and what evidence do you have to back it up, also how do you explain that the FBI does not have enough evidence to specifically charge anyone with the crime.

Tell you what
    you provide solid multiple independently verifiable sources of information definitively proving so much as one persons involvement in the attacks, and I'll never mention it again. In short you can shut me up real quick, where's your proof and is it verifiable. I might also note that the FBI would probably love to get ahold of any information that they might no be aware of, given that they admit they can't find enough evidence to link them together either.

In climate science its a science, the mater is settled by a working theory and the percentage of data supporting the theory vs the percentage of data that does not support the theory. In the effort to find the guilty parties of 9/11 we have no working theory and no preponderance of evidence by which to even think of gaining a conviction. According to the FBI.

Also if you wish to bring the 9/11 report into the conversation, can you at least admit that there conclusion to why bldg 7 fell which they clearly state has a "low probability" was unsubstantiated as no model simulations or evidence was ever provided establishing that enough heat was ever present to cause a global collapse.

once folks quit foaming at the mouth long enough to start actually thinking logically, the very simple and rational question of why the FBI was unable to find enough evidence to indict anyone becomes quite the thorn in the side of Reorges fantasy. The Bush administration may have claimed bin Laden and Al queada had involvement, but they never proved it enough to actually bring charges, and ye ole FBI spent years looking. Kinda fishy if you ask me.

8. david@boatsmith

david@boatsmith Senior Member

You know, maybe you're right. And when they attacked us we should have just eliminated any and all life forms in Afganistan. Sort of like cleaning up dog doo. It would have been a lot cheaper and a much stonger message to those who might attack us. And to boot we would have a great place for the world to dump toxic waste.

9. david@boatsmith

david@boatsmith Senior Member

Come on,, don't pump us, I don't believe that

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I repeat:

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

When stuff like this gets posted, on top of what Boston has been saying, it's time for me to bow out of the thread.:rolleyes:

Afghanistan is 251825 square miles in size, with a population density of about fifty people per square mile. Good luck figuring out how to exterminate its people at all -- much less economically, and without wiping out enough people in the bordering countries to start a world war.

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

In 146 posts, it's hard to find much in this thread of use relating to boats or boating, or designing or building anything really. Rather than spend the bandwidth as it loops around again, it's probably time to draw this thread to a close and save the bits for more productive discussions which are more focused on boating in some way.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.