Good aluminum fab shop in Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by Bob S., Sep 13, 2006.

1. Bob S.

Bob S. Junior Member

I would like to find someone to perform some modifications on a 25' plate aluminum workboat that I own and was wondering if any of the NW folks on this board could recommend anyone? Or perhaps a mobile operator that would do the work at my shop? Thanks!

2. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

Throw a rock in the air with your eyes closed and it will land in a good aluminum boatbuilder's shop.

Seriously though, go by Kwichak, near the Fremont bridge and ask them, or ask at Elliott Bay Design Group on Shilshole nearthe Salmon Bay Cafe (www.ebdg.com).

3. SolomonGrundy

SolomonGrundy I'm not crazy...

Port Townsend

Damn, I went down into the shop today and had to get a snow shovel for all the rocks on the floor...now I know why.
    I used to work at Kvichak, SafeBoats, Lee Shore and Townsend Bay. Now I have a fab shop here in P.T.
    I'm an economical choice for boats under 50'.
    jay_the_boatmaker@hotmail.com

4. Bob S.

Bob S. Junior Member

Thanks for the responses! Jay, I will send you an email with some info on what I would like done.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.