Jet Boat Hull Design and Plans ?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by will9000, Jul 23, 2010.

1. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

Hi there,

I am new to the forums,

I was wondering if someone could very kindly perhaps, create me a set of plans on a program or create a model on some sort of program like sketchup etc...

The boat is big red of gran canaria, it is a friends boat but i would like to eventually have one, it is a custom build commercial jet boat by mackraft new zealand, however they do not distribute the plans :(

Images of the boat HERE

any further info required etc just ask thanks

2. J3

J3 Junior Member

If you have access to your friend's boat, and this is for educational purposes, grab a copy of delftship free and start photographing, measuring, and modeling. It will be a much more rewarding experience for you if you love the boat. If you have specific issues while modeling, people here can probably help with those specific questions.
    (remember a "real" and complete design for a commercial boat is a lot of work.)

3. will9000

will9000 Junior Member

i will measure the hull

Hi mate thanks for the help i will do that but seeing as though i dont have access to the hull till october i wont be able to do it yet.

But thanks for the info i will be measuring up the hull in october etc :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.