Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

TOO TRUE. Some people think the sell by date means can't eat it after then.
    Another error is buying food brands nobody will eat simply because it's cheaper. Common sense is uncommon.

2. Yobarnacle

Yes and No.
    Suburbia always was a bad idea. It's fairly easy to fix. Rezone. Allow small business to co-exist in residential neighborhoods. All those yuppie mansions can be elegant mom n pop stores on ground level and living quarters upstairs. Victory gardens fit on those half acre to 2 acre lots.
    Where I live in Mexico, I can walk a couple blocks to any shopping I need, from a haircut, to groceries, to a doctor or dentist. My truck gets started once a week to drive across border to check my US mail. The neighbors keep chickens. In town!

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I might take a moment and remind everyone that we've specifically been asked to avoid politics.

Climate change directly effects the shipping industry, particularly with the opening of the northern passage, the increasing wind speeds, and increased wave heights. Storm dynamics are also changing. Things like a carbon tax and economic recovery are clearly political in nature. I suppose I'm just as guilty but I'm thinking we should rein in the conversation to more accurately reflect on the issues of climate change.

My two cents
    B

4. Yobarnacle

That's post #1

Of course this is a political thread and it's not your thread Boston. But you keep trying to own it but you can't nor can you control it or the posts. Stop and control your own arrogance if you want to control something.

5. Yobarnacle

What increasing storms and winds and seas? Pure speculation, Boston. Can't you tell the difference between reality and your fantasies?

6. Yobarnacle

•It is premature to conclude that human activities--and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming--have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane activity. That said, human activities may have already caused changes that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of the changes or observational limitations, or are not yet properly modeled (e.g., aerosol effects).

http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/global-warming-and-hurricanes

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

8. hoytedow

I broke my promise. :(
    The link you provided required me to download some codec-c some such thing which I was not going to do. This is a shared computer and it has issues. Just give us the nuts and bolts or another source that I don't have to add more downloads to this already overburdened PC and I will watch that. :)

9. hoytedow

Yep, http://kunstler.com/blog/2012/03/reality-check.html pretty much nailed it.

10. hoytedow

The Chinese throw away infant girls. That I believe would qualify as an insult to God. It is certainly an insult to infant Chinese boys who will grow up without girls.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im sure you will have a some sort of link for such a controversial opinion.

Or is it just an opinion, after all I think you may be confused with the Indians which is a different country.

Maybe we should discuss Americans throwing away logic, which is an insult to most peoples intelligence.

12. hoytedow

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/core9/phalsall/texts/c-wnhol.html

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Very alarming, too alarming,

"They had no stimulation, nothing to play with, no one to touch them," says Blewett. In one scene, a handicapped older boy walks up to one of the girls tied to a bench and begins head-butting her relentlessly. The girl doesn't move or make a sound. Such is the lack of stimulation for the children that few of them will ever learn to speak. An endless rocking is the only exercise, the only stimulation, the only pleasure in their lives.

So alarming I consider it spurious to say the least.

14. hoytedow

Spurious? See focus 2 since you brought up China: http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html

"Likewise, if a Chinese infant girl is turned over for adoption rather than being killed, she risks being placed in one of the notorious "Dying Rooms" unveiled in a British TV documentary. Chinese state orphanages have come in for heavy criticism as a result of the degrading and unsanitary conditions that usually pervade them. In one orphanage, documentary producer Brian Woods found that "every single baby ... was a girl, and as we moved on this pattern was repeated. The only boys were mentally or physically disabled."

15. Yobarnacle

Sorry Hoyt
    I watch movies from VeeHD and forgot long ago I had to download a codec.
    Here is a site by the author of that documentary.

http://www.infowars.com/

I don't agree with every radical opinion and interpretation on this site, but it publishes in one place many pertinent and alarming facts.
    Like the cabinets and advisors of the recent presidents from both parties are all members of the same elitist international clubs.
    The site scrutinizes and blasts both democrats and republicans alike, claiming there is no fundamental difference because their agenda is identical.
    Plausible reasons for the global warming fraud are outlined.
    Interesting site if a bit rabid in style.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.