Global Warming? are humans to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hansp77, Sep 11, 2006.

?

Do you believe

1. Global Warming is occuring as a direct result of Human Activity.

106 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. IF Gloabal Warming is occurring it is as a result of Non-Human or Natural Processes.

99 vote(s)
    48.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

actually we do

Its been published in several reports, most notably the IPCC releases

as a great man once said

the science is very clear on this

2. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

The more light a color absorbs, the more thermal energy it produces. Black, indigo, and forest green will produce the most thermal energy. Did you think plants being "forest" green was accidental? :D

3. Yobarnacle

Media coverage on global warming has been criminally one-sided. The public doesn't know where the global warming theory came from in the first place. Answer: the U.N., not a scientific body. The threat of catastrophic warming was launched by the U.N. to promote international climate treaties that would transfer wealth from rich countries to developing countries. It was political from the beginning, with the conclusion assumed: the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (U.N. IPCC) was funded to report on how man was changing climate. Its scientific reports have been repeatedly corrected for misrepresentation and outright fraud.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011...olt_against_global_warming.html#ixzz1mfcRl1e2

4. Yobarnacle

Recently we've had a perfect example of the enforced global warming consensus falling apart. Berkeley Professor Muller did a media blitz with the findings of the latest analysis of all land temperature data, the BEST study, that he claimed once and for all proved that the planet is warming. Predictably, the Washington Post proclaimed that the BEST study had "settled the climate change debate" and showed that anyone who remained a skeptic was committing a "cynical fraud."

Other scientists jumped in, calling Muller's false claims to the media that BEST proved global warming "highly unethical." Professor Muller, confronted with dissent, caved and admitted that indeed, both ocean and land measurements show that global warming STOPPED INCREASING IN 1998.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011...olt_against_global_warming.html#ixzz1mfeAuer9

5. Yobarnacle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-Siberian-cold-leads-temperatures-40C.html

The ice and snow is falling elsewhere right now. I imagine eventually it will fall on the great lakes watershed again. :)

6. Yobarnacle

check it out

Attached Files:

• sat2.jpg
      sat2.jpg
      File size:
      36.5 KB
      Views:
    • sat.jpg
      sat.jpg
      File size:
      41.6 KB
      Views:
  7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

media coverage has nothing to do with it, but if it did the criminality would easily be found in the disinformation campaign thats been so often exposed.

the science is extremely clear on this one with not a single dissenting opinion being forwarded by a single major university.

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

flooding the net with half truths and outright lies concerning climate change science is whats criminal

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Then stop doing it.

10. Yobarnacle

The simple fact is that “climate scientists” are just a bunch of professors. And like other people (but much more so) they are subject to the influence of ideology, professional self-interest and groupthink.

11. Yobarnacle

“Unfortunately, Climate Science has become Political Science…It is tragic that some perhaps well-meaning but politically motivated scientists who should know better have whipped up a global frenzy about a phenomena which is statistically questionable at best.” - Award-Winning Princeton University Physicist Dr. Robert H. Austin, who has published 170 scientific papers, was elected a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences and is the current Chair of the U.S. Liaison Committee of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics. Austin, who won the 2005 Edgar Lilienfeld Prize of the American Physical Society

12. Yobarnacle

I do not want us to shut down economic drive to support false science, and on the other hand, I do not want to leave behind a scorched earth. …. Let's get the science right! A better debate and research is needed by honest and believable scientists who study climate professionally.

Richard Lindzen, Professor of Meteorology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

13. Yobarnacle

The chorus of skeptical scientific voices grew louder in 2010 as the Climategate scandal -- which involved the upper echelon of UN IPCC scientists -- detonated upon on the international climate movement. "I view Climategate as science fraud, pure and simple," said noted Princeton Physicist Dr. Robert Austin shortly after the scandal broke. Climategate prompted UN IPCC scientists to turn on each other. UN IPCC scientist Eduardo Zorita publicly declared that his Climategate colleagues Michael Mann and Phil Jones "should be barred from the IPCC process...They are not credible anymore." Zorita also noted how insular the IPCC science had become. "By writing these lines I will just probably achieve that a few of my future studies will, again, not see the light of publication," Zorita wrote. A UN lead author Richard Tol grew disillusioned with the IPCC and lamented that it had been "captured" and demanded that "the Chair of IPCC and the Chairs of the IPCC Working Groups should be removed." Tol also publicly called for the "suspension" of IPCC Process in 2010 after being invited by the UN to participate as lead author again in the next IPCC Report. [Note: Zorita and Tol are not included in the count of dissenting scientists in this report.]

Other UN scientists were more blunt. A South African UN scientist declared the UN IPCC a "worthless carcass" and noted IPCC chair Pachauri is in "disgrace". He also explained that the "fraudulent science continues to be exposed." Alexander, a former member of the UN Scientific and Technical Committee on Natural Disasters harshly critiqued the UN. "'I was subjected to vilification tactics at the time. I persisted. Now, at long last, my persistence has been rewarded...There is no believable evidence to support [the IPCC] claims. I rest my case!" See: S. African UN Scientist Calls it! 'Climate change - RIP: Cause of Death: No scientifically believable evidence...Deliberate manipulation to suit political objectives' [Also see: New Report: UN Scientists Speak Out On Global Warming -- As Skeptics!] Geologist Dr. Don Easterbrook, a professor of geology at Western Washington University, summed up the scandal on December 3, 2010: "The corruption within the IPCC revealed by the Climategate scandal, the doctoring of data and the refusal to admit mistakes have so severely tainted the IPCC that it is no longer a credible agency."

14. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Well, no. They aren't 'just a bunch of professors.' They're a bunch of professional scientists, whose lives and careers are built around science -- even if some of them also happen to be professors.

You make it sound like climate scientists are all just a bunch of amateur dilettantes, screwing around with climate change between their afternoon classes and the nearest pub. The truth is that the scientific consensus regarding climate change is one of the most overwhelming in modern scientific history.

edit: Oops... I'm breaking my resolve to stay away from non-boat related threads. It's gonna take a while to retrain myself; expect occasional relapses.

15. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Their lives and careers are built around getting grants to do research and the money came from the gullible people and taxpayers who get milked of their hard-earned wages in the form of taxation. Global warming and shrimp on treadmills are just 2 of the ways they squander our money.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.