Global Warming a New Report

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by upchurchmr, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Micah didn't post poem by Sylvia Bukowski. I did. Religion is a personal choice and right. I would not force my beliefs upon others, but will defend our freedom of religion. I will always respond when I see that freedom under attack.

Respectfully,

2. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Hoyt my post was not in reference to Your Sylvia Bukowski's poem, and definately not an attack upon Micah's or anyone elses beliefs but more or less to interject that there is a time and place. Like yourself I am a strong believer in rights and freedoms and it is the rights of some members to have freedom from religious teachings that do not necessarly follow their beliefs. Especially of all things in a Boat Forum for Gods Sake :D Have a good day, "Most" Respectfully :) Geo.

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Judging by his reaction, I think the irony went right over his head.

Which isn't surprising, considering this is rational to believers.

4. hoytedow

I certainly did not mean to imply that you would do such a thing. Others would. Have a great day. :D

5. viking north

viking north VINLAND

SamSam while I don't agree with Micah's posts, religious content I find your "quote" reference extremely distasteful and uncalled for and why even more than politics we have to keep religion off this table. My last post on this thread --- Thanks Hoyt for that kind reply --Geo.

6. boradicus

boradicus Senior Member

I watched a TED Talk with this Bjørn Lomborg that I thought was informative. He is controversial because he steers away from media hype and focuses on solutions to identifiable problems.

7. krogensailor

krogensailor New Member

8. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Report: Effects of climate change seen everywhere |USA TODAY
    see also Panel’s Warning on Climate Risk: Worst Is Yet to Come | NEW YORK TIMES

9. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Global warming can not be checked in our lifetime nor I suspect within our children's and grand children's lifetime with new nations progressing into our western way of life. We are simply attempting to slow it down and eventually hold it in check within the next 200 yrs. or so years and reap the fruits of full global co operation introducing and enforcing laws on emissions. That is barring the world population not being reduced by 50 to 75 % thru warfare or disease, in which case the end result of global warming will be the same.

10. hoytedow

It is pretty cold here for the last day of March. If one's pants are on fire for prevarication his warming is his own fault. You just can't let it rest, IN, because you have to get your propaganda to the world. We will always be here to counter you. Let this thread die before I do.

11. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

Could it possibly be that you are absolutely, positively, hopelessly clueless?

Arctic Sea Ice Sits at Record Low for Mid-February
    Global Summary Information | NOAA

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

It appears this older 2013 thread is becoming a magnet for jabs. Therefore, in an effort to keep the forums polite towards one another and away from the jabs, this thread is being closed at this point.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.