Global humans, Is warming to blame?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Well frosty, IS warming to blame? - It sure is getting hot and sticky.... But no bloody - - or any other sort - - - - - of rain :eek:

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Be glad it's warm. We're just coming out of 3 days of fog here on the Heights of High Wycombe. It was a disappointing summer in many ways, as there wasn't much heat. I like to wear shorts when possible, but there weren't many days for that at all and now a long, cold, slushy winter is in prospect.

BTW, take a look at Climategate ll. There are many links, as it's going global.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/climategate_2/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...obal-warming-loons-here-comes-climategate-ii/

http://climateaudit.org/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/j...egate-2-0-the-warmists-seven-stages-of-grief/

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Pericles,
    Good to hear from you... Have a re-read of Frosty's opening post... My interpretation is that it is certainly tongue-in-cheek and nothing to do with resurrecting the climate threads on meteorology = = apart from 'How is the weather in your locale?' ... Seasons Greetings to all...

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

That sounds like a pyramid scheme. Sooner or later it is doomed to collapse, so I'd rather keep those 3 virgins and stay away from Zuku's deal. ;)

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Here is a pyramid scheme.... http://www.gata.org/node/10700 "Not enough money in the world for bailouts, Sprott tells King World News" .......... or something .........
    8:39p ET Wednesday, November 24, 2011 - - - Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:

There isn't enough money in the world to bail out all the financial institutions and countries that need rescuing, Sprott Asset Management CEO Eric Sprott tells King World News tonight, and as a result the new financial crisis will be worse than the one three years ago. An excerpt from the interview has been posted at the King World News blog...

Meanwhile, full audio of the most recent King World News interview with Sprott Asset Management's chief investment strategist, John Embry, has been posted...

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
    Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

One has to wonder in amused, amazed incredulity..... so who spent all the money? Who and how to pay for the virgins, if any exist... (Apart from the Thai ladyboys with 'big' ambitions.. )

6. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Now this is clever

and in view of this

I have decided I am keeping this three

:D :D :D

7. daiquiri

Oh, how I understand you Manie! :)
    Although they look like everything but virgins to me - but, hey, who gives a damn! :p ;)

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Is there a warranty on them ? Ie., if they don't remain virgins, will they be replaced?

9. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

- depends on your religion perhaps . . .

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

this sums it up

11. daiquiri

I disagree with good old Bill Cosby. If the world has become what it has become, it is also his fault. His and of his generation. It is people's actions or non-actions who shape the world and its future. He certainly was in a more priviledged position of visibility and power than a great majority of ordinary people, he could have used it better to educate the young and show them a path to follow and to fight for a future different from what surrounds him now and makes him feel so tired.
    That whining letter has come too late, and won't change things. Should have thought of it many years before.

12. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Good old Bill Cosby didn't say that. And it's something he would never have said.

According to snopes.com, the piece was written by a former Massachusetts state senator and US Marine Corp veteran named Robert A. Hall, and posted on his blog in 2009.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp

13. daiquiri

Thanks for restoring my faith in good old Bill Cosby. ;)

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Even so, Robert A Hall has a valid point... I am sure that we all do as best we can - each according to our / ones own abilities / skills & etc... - - There is no validity in apportioning blame for some other fools inability to endeavour to make the world just a little better for his / her passing, instead of seeking to blame others for their inability to refrain from wanton destruction, or, lack of a capacity to make some positive contribution towards society according to their own positive / beneficial / constructive limitations...

15. ancient kayaker

ancient kayaker aka Terry Haines

I’m 72 and I also worked hard until I retired. I saved all my life, didn’t make ridiculous investments, just judicious ones at moderate interest rates with a few high-risk ones that didn't pan out - which I learned from, stayed out of the dot-com companies that didn’t do anything visibly useful back then and got out of stocks when I read about below prime mortgages which just had to be a scam of some sort IMHO. I’m no millionaire but I don't owe anyone a cent.

How did I manage that? The quiet virtues I was taught by my parents worked! I know a lot of old friends who did the same as me and are happy and comfortable too. I don’t know any drug addicts, wealthy athletes, politicians or entertainers. The person who tried to put me in jail on trumped-up charges served time and is out and straightened up with a lot of help - from me, actually, and the rabidly biassed cop who aided and abetted with that is, thank goodness, no longer in a position to pass arbitrary judgements. The crooked cop - not the same one - who got caught playing creative evidence also served time but I don't think he learned from it.

I'm whole lot better off than some of my friends including the buddy who was telling me he was worth several millions about 4 years ago, whom I helped get started in business. He had to sell his yacht and 2 houses and walked away from his US possessions, and now just gets by. I feel sorry for him but he was so eager to make a few more bucks than he needed . . .

Am I just incredibly lucky or just plain normal? I think it is going to be a lot harder to do what I did for people just starting out today, but a decent education, good manners, clean appearance and habits does nobody any harm. You don't have to kow-tow to your boss, just be honest and say what has to be said once, and always remember what goes around comes around.

Wanna go into business? Great, have the courage of your convictions, but bear in mind there is no such thing as a business without risk, not even banking and politics.

And what does this all have to do with global warming . . . ?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.