Global economic situation for liveaboard cruising yachties

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by masalai, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bntii

bntii Senior Member

looks like we get another step up.

New support ~855.....

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I got lines all over this stupid thing

and this late day trade is going to be the death of my profits for the day if Im not carefull

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

sold at 865.0 with 30 seconds to spare
    made a paltry .36% or just enough to make up for that last .25% loss
    so I ended up +3.43% on the day
    and that kids is day trading

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

O'neil has it right-

"trade with the trend and you will only be wrong once- at the very top or very bottom"

I got stuck & had to cover trading against NTES. Going up like a rocket for a month & I think I can call the top...

We better lay off this stuff or M will throw us out..

[​IMG]

5. masalai

masalai masalai

The big slide down is overdue and I am hopeful that the Wall St monkeys have produced a good guide to recovery this time - the puss must be squeezed out, then washed out with eusol to remove all the infection and dead matter, followed with a course of effective antibiotics to remove every last diseased cell completely...

I would still like to see gold and silver become the foundation of global trade - - not at a fixed exchange rate but according to the markets based only on the tangible quantity and not leased or paper equivalents and future contracts to buy and sell must only be on an "up-tick" (miners selling future production or traders selling to future sales and NO rolling over) - there would be a period of confusion and testing of the waters with various tricks but once seen to be effectively policed - everything would settle down and international trade could resume with some confidence and consistency in flow... only disrupted by supply and consumer changes...

bntii - - YOU ARE ON TOPIC - even without the pretty boat:D:D:D

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Amongst the many worthy lessons for today, let me suggest just two - 1 John 4:7-12 and the read for April 17 in the RBC Ministries booklet "Our Daily Bread" - - and - - secondly, from the Financial Sense University - http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/schiff/2009/0416.html - ponder and digest... There are others that may also be readable so be prepared to indulge yourself, not to make any conversion but to set your mind to thinking...

Ahhhh Ha! my conspiratorial suspicions are confirmed as a reality - - - http://financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/2009/0416.html - - "The Deliberate Global Economic Crisis" - - - The terrorists are in your own back-yard - wearing expensive suits and looking "fatherly and concerned", and the people from the middle east are probably just the pawns of distraction, as are the pirates.... something the mass-media can wax lyrical on and feed all the stupid peons with "the outrage is from outside our country" so you are distracted and do not think of who or what is behind all this turmoil.... The biblical prophesies are worthy of further analysis/reading - and you may find that the Quoran is the book of a future friend, not a terrorist enemy.... - I feel they too have been manipulated by the same money controllers...

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

na BNTII is right
    we better back off on the stock talk or we are going to go the way of the economy
    down the toilet

just thought Ild post my days action as it happened so you guys can see what I do

and people think working the charts is easy
    its as nail biting as any boxing match

9/10 isnt bad
    going back 20 Im 17/20
    going back 30 25/30
    so its working whatever you want to call it
    but Bntii is right
    Ill quit with the stocks talk
    oops
    B

8. bntii

bntii Senior Member

If I draw one more stock chart in the air the the missus is going to break off all my fingers.

Figured M feels the same- I actually enjoy going over some of the technical details but I think some find it a bit dry...?

:)

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ps
    I hate that plastic boat
    plastics should just be outright banned

cheers
    B

10. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Hard to tell from that pic- does it have a open frame which holds the buoyancy cells (plastic bottles)??

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I read up on that thing a while back
    its a bunch of plastic water bottles all held in a frame with I think some kind of sheeting or mesh holding it all together
    way to dump even more plastic into the oceans

and
    expose it to the sun which will give it a life span off about a few years
    and
    put all those nasty binders ( pcb's and dioxin by products ) smack into the oceans
    which we are just about done killing anyway
    with that and the molecular long chain carbon that makes up most of plastic any way
    did I mention its nearly indestructible and is perfect for filter feeders
    if your looking to starve em but feeding em 90% plastic molecules and say 10% plankton

so ya
    Im sure a few more bottles wont effect the 200,000,000,000 lbs of plastics we already dump into the oceans

I guess if you call it recycling then its ok

have a fantastic evening
    love
    B

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Whatever you do this weekend, do please listen to by downloading the podcast in your favourite format from: http://www.financialsense.com/fsn/main.html , third hour, part two - the first half on Gerald Celente, Founder & Director of Trends Research Institute.... It may be damning and cause you distress, but certainly will come to pass.... He has done his research and mined the truth and analysed all the data to come up with this analysis and has a history of getting it right - look at his website - there is a link you can look at while the pod-cast is downloading...

13. masalai

masalai masalai

14. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Good day in the old recession for me-

Got the autopilot installed. Yippee- steering gets in the way of reading and drinking beer on the foredeck.

Also picked up a pair a beautiful brass cowls & plates from the local shop at deep discount.
    Will have to make the boxes.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

What is it for bntii, are you making a marinised robotic woman???? to help serve you on your boat?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.