Global economic situation for liveaboard cruising yachties

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by masalai, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

That oil price was internally driven by USA as pipes, refineries and ports got a little behind and the NY market had another "panic attack" - bleeding idiots - That NY / USA still "fixes" the price on lots of commodities is a demonstration of how far the Goldman brotherhood of retarded Keynesian thinkers has infested the rest of the world...

That oil still flows is a tribute to the experience, skill and dedication of the ageing refinery workforce as most USA refineries and oil infrastructure is well past its use-by date and held together by rust, paint and good luck...

Taxes, bureaucratic incompetence, legislative constriction, ageing and ill maintained infrastructure forced most viable enterprises offshore and the increasing pressure of the stockmarkets to realise greater and greater profit margins have forced the rest offshore... Of course ********* like mark persist in blaming the unions - that is ******** and incompetence on his part... A worker must have a reasonable living wage to be able to survive and also purchase the daily necessities and a few luxuries... Who else will the manufacturers sell to... Very little of the USA production was exported in value-added form, where large input by labour was required - - - grains were exported, steel was exported, cotton at one phase was exported, some heavy machinery found a niche, airplanes found a varying market, (the cars were TO BLOODY BIG and THIRSTY, Bill Gates hyped the world into microsoft dependence using overpriced CRAP software) - - - - Things that had significant labour cost inputs - - MOST of everything else was for local/internal consumption...

The cardinal sin **** profusely in your own nest...

2. Zed

Zed Senior Member

Yeah well it would not be good... IMO it will be the secondary market, if they begin to force rates up at some point (unknowable) we will see stress in the IRS market. That should kick off round 2... but who really knows it could come from left field.

3. TeddyDiver

TeddyDiver Gollywobbler

Agree ;)

4. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

<moderator note: numerous insults and attacks have been deleted>

I believe it is time to step in and close this thread. There have been too many complaints to count within this thread, far too many insults and personal attacks one way and the other. Our forum is fundamentally about boat design. Threads about boats, ships, boating and sailing in general are great. The premise of this thread "Global economic situation for liveaboard cruising yachties " seemed like it could be useful at one time, but in recent days I don't believe I've learned a single practical thing that could help me should I decide to become a 'liveaboard yachtie...'. So, though I try not to close threads unnecessarily, I believe the time has come for this thread to come to a close. I am sorry that I did not step in sooner and try and focus it more closely so that it might more directly relate to practical application to real world boaters.

2 people like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.