Global economic situation for liveaboard cruising yachties

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by masalai, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Boston, "My little piece of peace" is the thread of the build, not much to show, just glueing panels together and then cutting out the full length patterns to glue together again later, to form the boat... 1100kg of panels, 800kg or so of 2part epoxy stuff and other stuff for the build and fairing later in the build, also a couple of hundred buckets for mixing stuff, assorted spatulars of wood and plastic, jigsaw, several battery powered screw-drivers, several hundred screws (as temporary fasteners - whilst the glue hardens), surgical rubber gloves (protection against glass fibre dust? - or for the "professional" image?) and that is just for the basic boat - no motors, wiring, batteries, electronics, lighting, nav stuff, galley, pumps, plumbing tanks mast sails rigging and the list continues and the money seems to be not enough..... :D:D:D:D:p?

copy&paste from my post in http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/open-discussion/dealing-pirates-5659-103.html
    At last, some of the good citizens are speaking up and calling a thief a thief and seeking to expunge them from their once great country... Now is the time for people of America to do their duty and clean out the rot within before the whole barrel rots.... and some are still persisting and burying their heads in the sands of lies put forth by the "mass (control) media" - a "news (not) source" controlled by "the (not) magnificent seven" in liaison/cahoots with the money controllers (selected banking majors who control the FED) who also run America whilst it also has the power to print money (The USA Constitution says this power should be vested in Government) - BUT THIS IS NOT SO - The FED is privately run and controlled and your elected President and other elected officials must do as they are directed.... The President gets to choose from a short-list of "syndicate insiders", provided by the syndicate of bankers....

We (the world populace) are about to be caught between two branches of the banking syndicate (IMF side and FED side of the same thing) so Americans, If you value your credibility (nothing to loose as it has almost totally disappeared from the perception of the rest of the world) - - - - then straighten out and control the FED so it is firmly beholden to the government of elected people, and the calibre of the elected people is of the highest moral standard (those black hatted people come to mind) - is that their calling - to serve and facilitate the recovery of the USA? - set in place severe penalties for failure to do the honest and correct thing as is charged them by being elected to run a country as well as honestly and fairly supervise, by use of their guaranteed currency linked to the inherent value of Gold as has been determined in the tests of time to be good.... With Good and Honest people in elected office - their first task would be to re-write the rules of business, banking, contract, accounting, and forms of legal redress for breaches of moral, ethical and socially fair and reasonable behaviour.... - - - - IT IS NOW OR NEVER - - - - put up, or shut-up and wither.....

Did you know that mark775? These bankers gained supreme control of your country around 1971 when the $US became separated from the Gold guarantee and the FED could effectively control the country by buying back of printing money.... and the FED being the tool of these major bankers could then manipulate the rest of the world by forcing their value onto global exchange rates....

A great country is measured by the people, are you on the side of the thieves, looters, and so on or on the side of honesty, tolerance justice and a fair deal for all? Do you do a fair days work for a fair days pay?

There is only one group who live by the ideals set out in the Constitution of your Country, They are presented as a community who build barns, wear black hats, look dignified and get around in horse drawn buggies.... There are your true Americans and you would do well to follow their lead in honesty, equity (fairness) and morality... and there is a need for quality folk on the land, so us folk who like the seas can pursue our objectives (facilitate trade between those on the land) - then Fanies question is answered (Post #1532 Dealing with pirates)

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Coconut oil prices again (for my future reference) - Coconut oil, Phil/Indo origin 3-4% FFA, CIF Rotterdam (somewhere around 1250Litres?)
    - May-Jun 09 785.00 - 10.00
    - Jun-Jul 09 790.00 - 10.00
    - Jul-Aug 09 795.00 - 15.00
    - Aug-Sep 09 800.00 - 10.00

That is my "diesel" fuel, cooking oil, anti viral/fungicide, soap base for whilst cruising...

3. masalai

masalai masalai

For a quiet read this stuff is quite interesting http://financialsense.com/stormwatch/oldupdates/2002/0405.html and edifying... and follow that with this: - http://www.financialsense.com/series2/tactics4/complete.html - Not so much as "hot of the press:", but something upon which to reflect and assess where you want to be in this changing world... I am positioned as best I can and up to date and ready for whatever arises in part 10.... metaphorically and at sea as well I hope.... Don't forget the links at the top of the page..... lots of good stuff there...

Riding the storm here http://financialsense.com/series2/riders/arguments.html and final lesson for today http://financialsense.com/Experts/2003/Faber.html click and relax while you absorb the podcast of late 2008....

4. Boston

Boston Previous Member

define work

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Energy expended in producing something? - - I am not a judge, or executioner, so the rest I leave to your own conscience... or MIB-hats:D:D:D

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

if every ones producing
    who is consuming

and who is betting on what gets consumed

7. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Boston,

It is directly those that are betting on what is being consumed that have caused in many instances the price of goods to rise and fall....they are parasites on the working man, farmers produce for consumers that trevail in different areas of production, people betting on the system are the ones making money out of the poor.

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Landie, I was (unusual?) trying to be polite & nice...:D , So Boston, are you not producing money for your own needs at the expense of stupid suckers (and sometimes the other way around?) so you can build your dream boat (is not the latter physical, and "good" production?)... My intention is to be involved in producing coconut oil... You carpent - work in wood & wood waste, hunt, and presumably share your surplus kill.... Is it not a matter of using your skills and gifts for the overall benefit of your community?

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

if you only knew
    at the moment I an organizing a few benefit events
    once I pull em together a little more Ill make a more detailed mention
    for now its all quite hush hush

as for my typically productive self I have been aching to build something and as soon as I can afford a pile of timber Im off to the races with this build. Ill deal getting engines and boilers in it soon enough. I just want to start slicing and dicing some wood for a change

the market is an interesting question
    on the one hand I dont mind making money off my good decisions as apposed to someone elses bad
    nor do I mind that Im generally taking money from the same fools who stole from my ancestors
    on the other hand my great grand dad was from England and did work his *** off trying to make an honest living and never really got very far
    ok he made it across the ocean and stole some land as well
    but the point is that in the process of there being nothing for me to do I started playing the market. Everyone said it would nigh impossible to be successful at it and I would never be able to do it. Well jokes on them eh. Im kicking this things *** and if I wanted to I could do nothing but kick its ***
    but I want to produce something and that elco 57 flat top with an eco friendly power plant is looking like a dam fun project. Not a bad bang for the buck either.
    so its a flip of the coin as to whether Im one of the good guys or one of the bad guys
    I feel pretty good about being able to gauge the market so well
    should anyone play the market
    hmmmmmm
    seems like if your not manipulating the other guys well being Ild say its ok

Ild say Landlubber is just thinking that my play could adversely effect an industry to which I can only respond that its the investment money that people like myself place in the market that allows those industries to grow and develop in the first place. Once they start to crumble that money is not likely to stay with em for the fall. Not reallocating funds in a timely fashion is one way to ensure that the next biz will lose out on the capitol and that does hurt the little guy.

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Now do that in a "Max Headroom" voice :D:D:D:D I was just watching some of that stuff on Utube, and really enjoyed the movie....

11. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Boston,

Investment money is not what I am referring to, investment money is what allows businesses that produce to be able to produce, I was sayin speculative "betting" on futures, is money betting on goods and materials rising and falling, that is not good for the general people.

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

my bad

what I do is called pattern trading
    I look for patterns in the technical data and make market predictions based on that. Im never playing one stock or one sector but instead trade ETF's that mimic market movement either inversely or in parallel, the classic short or long buy

in the market anything you do is speculative, its why not everyone can do it, sorta keeps the riff raff out

The S&P is a commodities based indicies if I remember it rightly it basically covers consumables, everything from coffee beans to oil and gas what I trade is exchange funds or ETF's which are a slush fund of overall investments in either areas of the commodities rising or falling. The estimate on my part is going into the fund if I loose and if I win comes to me. The vast majority of people loose money and end up feeding both the market and the brokerage firm, Market gets most of it. so when I invest in a fund and I loose the fund benefits. In the end since most people loose its a good deal for the common man who needs that money in the market. Because Im good at it does it mean Im driving the market when the majority of people are bad at it and feed that same market? No, what drives the market is the consumer, the type of investing I do is secondary.

kinda convoluted but hey
    thats Wall Streat

thing to remember is that th Street had nothing to do with this
    it was a combination of the mortgage industry the banking industry and the insurance industry that caused this
    that and a few idiots who developed the screw the little guy world economy
    Wall Street just engaged in the typical feeding frenzy
    I mean really when you have some truly huge carcasses floating round like that
    its going to draw sharks and the sharks that arrived first looked a lot like the sharks who's carcasses were floating
    most folks just wanted to rip there investment out of the carcass and put in something still swimming

13. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hey Boston, I do not like politicians, priests, accountants or lawyers, so do not worry about me mate.

I do like people (like yourself ) that actually PRODUCE something, something tangible, like pretty boats or houses (you do good work there).

Governments do not have any money, it is the peoples money they spend, easy come easy go.

I guess I have **** on the liver cos I am stuck in China working and should be home with the wife and lovely daughter........

Like Sean, just ignore me......

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Landie & will have an extra beer for you - make money while you get the opportunity....

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya if your actually earning some money dont knock it
    although I can imagine you miss the wife and kiddo
    think of it like your off on a hunting expedition and need to bring back some supplies for the tribe
    without you doing what you are doing
    they wouldn't survive
    so chin up and stick it out
    you will be back soon enough

although I think china would drive me nuts

B