Glen-L Party Boat

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by lynnburcher, Jul 6, 2004.

1. lynnburcher

lynnburcher New Member

Hi all,

If this has been addressed in another thread, please forgive me, I couldn't find it.

I'm looking to start my first boatbuilding project, and was looking for advice from anyone with experience building from Glen-L plans.

The Party Boat looks like what I want, but Glen-L's site doesn't have photo's of a completed one, and I don't want to be the first to build a particular design.

So, what's the general feel of Glen-L plans?

Has anyone built this particular boat?

Thanks.

2. pungolee

pungolee Senior Member

See the Riviera Update on this forum,it shows that with any plan,it is up to the builder what the final result will be.You can make a Cadillac out of a Glen-l.I have also seen them built with crappy exterior plywood and look like a mess after just a few years.The plans are pretty straightforward for the first time builder,just dont scrimp on materials if you build one of the larger boats.Some of their designs seem dated compared to modern styling but this can add to their appeal if retro is what you are after.Just remember,use good marine ply,epoxy glue and stainless or silicon bronze fasteners.Stay away from Lowes or Home Dpot,take the time to collect good supplies,its worth it in the long run,no matter what you build.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.