Seems like everyone wants to "jet-a-fy" hey me too..

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Oddballmotorsports, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Oddballmotorsports

Oddballmotorsports New Member

So, here's what I want. I want a small aluminum jet boat. I don't want to go particularly fast. id be happy with 30-40mph. I want to have a minimal draft to be able to explore rivers etc. I'm looking in the 14' range. as far as a pump goes, I'd like to use a tigershark or yamaha pwc pump where the intake is completely integrated into the pump. so I don't have to integrate the jetski hull. and place the intake as far back as possible, while having the actual pump hanging out the transom. essentially just copying what the larger boats do. just in a smaller package.

I've been looking at closed bow shallow v boats.. but really I am just looking for a simple look of the vintage boats with a curved windshield. but from what ive been reading the hull design isn't too great on these boats.. is there any smaller aluminum boat that makes for a better donor for a jet conversion? and when does instability become a problem?

2. Deering

Deering Senior Member

Here’s what you’re looking for. https://www.jetstreamboats.com/

A guy here built one and runs up the river behind my house occasionally. I have lust in my heart...

rwatson likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.