Glass usage in boat building

Discussion in 'Materials' started by PawelDz, Apr 26, 2007.

1. PawelDz

PawelDz New Member

I'm looking for some information about glass usage in boat building. I'm working in glass industry. I was wondering if anybody knows something about new ways of using glass in boat design. I mean tempered or laminated glass, not only for windshileds or side windows but also for other parts. There was a conference about new ways of glass usage in 2006 SEATEC during International exhibition of technologies and subcontracting for boat and ship builders. If anyone interested please visit: http://www.sea-tec.it/eng-site/area-stampa/comunicati-stampa-myda.asp

There are only a few information about glass in boat industry. If anybody has some datas, schemes, analysis, special ways of producing glass for boats please write me.

ignite@o2.pl

2. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Glass sliding doors, glass room dividers, shower cubicles, glass sliding sun hatches, glass bottoms for tourist boats, inspection hatches for engine bays, enclosing spaces.

The list goes on, but glass is heavy and the nautical industry has to comply with laws on safety as well as budgetary considerations.

Pericles

3. PawelDz

PawelDz New Member

Thank you for your reply. Did you read the article on the web about focus on the glass in the boat industry ? According to this topic glass is now used to make the inside parts of yachts and so on. I thought you may know some web sites where i could find some technical datas about it. Anyway, thank you!

4. Pericles

Pericles Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.