glass print through !

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by tunnels, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Sounds like the rich get the who knows what quality toys while the poor get the who knows what health effects shaft. I tend to think that is an example of a purer form of capitalism, Money Grubbing 101. Oh well.

I worked with a former shower stall factory guy who was telling about the conditions in the '60-'70s in Florida, no personel protection gear, not even paper masks, catalyst in the eyes and all he had to wash it out with was acetone, a new chemical introduced and quietly phased out as everyone's hands and feet started going numb.

In the OP, when trying to eliminate imperfections like ripples, etc. light pressure on the sanding pad is needed so only the tops are sanded off, coarser papers allow less pressure, harder, stiffer pads allow better bridging of ripples,etc.

Old fiberglass and old tires, if someone could figure out a good use for them, they'd be rich.

2. jiggerpro

jiggerpro Senior Member

Maybe I did not understood it right but I am not Steve ...