pulling station sections out in rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Jul 23, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

anyone tell me how TO GET EACH STATION OUT IN THE OPEN:) So,s I can model my beams, usually I only cry HELP after several hours struggling, thanks

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

You already have the station curves? And I imagine they're all sitting on the same layer, at their actual locations on the boat?
    Try making a CutPlane, parallel to the station planes, through 0,0. Project your station curves to this plane and put each on a separate layer. Alternatively, mark a key point at each station and Move them all to the desired plane. If you're going to detail in Rhino you might want each on its own layer.

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

same question...you have the stations already? or you need to create sections from your surfaces?

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I have the stations in(from freeship), but if I were lofting a deck the old way I would take the deck, c/l height, subtract the sheer height, then that is crown H, then at 33.33%in a factor .8898, and 66%in, factor .5393, this gives me the heights at third and two third beam, do this at every beam, it makes one fair deck, if I was forming T sections or I ,s or angles, i would have to form each one from loft,
    thanks men

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.