How I can regain the dazzling appearance of my machines?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mariyadisuja, Jan 28, 2009.

1. mariyadisuja

mariyadisuja Guest

Hi! I am having a machine which I purchased two years back and now it has lost its dazzling appearance. How can I regain the original appearance of my machine?

2. pkoken

pkoken S/V Samadhi V

Can you be more specific than "machine"?

3. venomousbird

venomousbird Junior Member

Soak it in Coca-Cola, let it sit for 3 days. . . Do I sense a sales pitch coming up?

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

5. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Try autosol, put it on with a toothbrush, rub vigourlessly then wipe it off with a clean cloth. Makes my motorcycle engine look new after 30 years!

6. alan white

alan white Senior Member

I got back the dazzling appearance of my machines by asking advice from a sewing machine forum. Boat forums were lousy---- they didn't understand how depressing it can be to see the dazzle wear off, leaving drab colors and rust, and they just kidded me and made jokes.
    Especially my digger grabbers and soil holding box transporters are missing of the dazzle.
    All I can say is, if you do get your dazzle back, hang on to it for all it's worth.
    And stay away from razzle dazzle, which is pretty much overrated.

7. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Use this 303 Protectant for Leather, Vinyl, Fabric, and Fiberglass
    http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-awnings/303-protectant.htm
    [​IMG]
    I used it on my black painted targa bar on my old Porsche (matt black not SS) and it works on that too. Great on the vinyl top, plus I use it on all the plastic and surrounds (accordion bumpers) before waxing so the wax does not stick to it.

Do not use Armor-All, it breaks down plastic. They found airplane windshields coming off at 200 mph because of it.

8. yipster

yipster designer

i'm a 303 products fan also :D

9. apex1

apex1 Guest

I do´nt assume his Caterpillar will come very close to 200 mph after the treatment with Cola, Autosol and some other stuff already recommended on his other threads.
    So Armor - All is what I vote second after Coke!:D
    Bear in mind............ he wanted it CHEAP........:p

10. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

I turned 49 yrs old today. Will 303 help me get my dazzling appearance of yesteryear back too? ;-)

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

HAPPY BIRDSDAY___________________:D

take care.... 303 brings your dazzle 300 and 3 month back:p

12. pkoken

pkoken S/V Samadhi V

If you keep some 303 in the bedroom for those "special times"... almost as good as a set of epoxy pumps on the nightstand!

13. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Ehhhh? Well, on the other hand; I dont wanna know.....:p

btw; KnottyB! happy birthday! Ive been 49 for a couple of month now, and as strange as it seem; i can inform you that theres still sort of life out there...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  14. apex1

apex1 Guest

Ahh.......that was Knotty´s apprehension...:idea: so:
    Knotty I can assure you by personal experience even at 60 there is some dazzle left. Although 303 is´nt any longer achievable, it´s closer to displacement ratio of about 1,34 SL!.;)
    But guys we are raining on mariyadisuja´s parade, he has a Problem and we are kidding.;)

15. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

Sorry mariyadisuja. I didn't mean to hijack your thread but couldn't pass up the opportunity! ;-) Anyhow, when it comes to keeping machines polished up I always get the wife involved. It's her primary task onboard to keep everything fuled, lubed, wetted down, fed and polished!

I have a 1987 Chev Camaro IROC 5.7lt. The ole' girl ain't allowed to touch that. I look after keepin' it dazzlin'!

Thanks for the b'day well wishes fella's! Next year (the big Five Oh) we'll throw a party!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.