Gitana 17-100' Trimaran Foiler-Launch 7/17/17

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

I've read some speculation that it might be Frank Cammas? But that was over a week ago and so far nothing else......

Corley likes this.
  2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Here's a 21 February 2019 French link with the rumors it could be Franck Cammas, so it has no more info than what Doug said above.

Doug Lord and Corley like this.
  3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

I like Frank Cammas #1 and Francois Gabart,#2........

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

From Tip & Shaft Newsletter----interview with Pascal Bidegorry:

Your main objective is to buy Macif, but you know about Sebastien Josse’s departure from Gitana. Your name is in the running as one of the skippers tipped to succeed him. Are you interested and have you been in contact with them?
    Yes and yes, I’m answering your questions. But it annoys me a little bit discussing this subject because Jojo (Josse) is a guy I love and I would have liked his story with Gitana to go on. But to really answer your question I would not be saying no if Gitana offered me the job tomorrow. I have been saying loud and clear for a few years I want to do an Ultim. It is no scoop to say that they have met different people. We will see, the ball is in their court, and I’m fine with that.

5. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Samantha Davies new skipper?!
    Bruit de ponton : Sam Davies remplacera-t-elle Seb Josse à la barre du (...) - SeaSailSurf® https://www.seasailsurf.fr/10153-Bruit-de-ponton-Sam-Davies-remplacera-t-elle-Seb?fbclid=IwAR01EHvaeuih_-bbMpeDwaBBtxntPFRrAR_e1T6DrYyY72SWBE4Mfq0v5qY&lang=fr

Excerpt:
    A woman at the helm, a homecoming
    For his part, Sam Davies could then move from one base in Lorient to another to become the first female skipper of the modern era of a standard of the Gitana lineage.
    Note that the Gitana Team is owned by Baron Benjamin de Rothschild and his wife Ariane who is the chairman of the Executive Committee of the Edmond de Rothschild Group. She would be the only woman in Geneva to run a private bank. So what's more logical than giving the bar of his race boat to a woman? And it would be a return to the source since the saga of the bank's racing boats began more than 140 years ago, at the initiative of a woman, Baroness Julie Caroline de Rothschild.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.