Software for Running Stringers

Discussion in 'Software' started by alidesigner, Oct 6, 2009.

1. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

There seems to be lots of software that can model hull shapes and flatten them. When it comes to running stringers, making punchouts in frames and flattening them, Formation's Workshop seems to be the only one out there that specifically deals with this (and does it very well).

I was just wondering if there are any alternatives out there that I havent found yet.

2. ludesign

ludesign Senior Member

In TouchCAD you typically do the hull fairing, modeling all major panels (usually hundreds of objects even on a small boat), unfolding, nesting, optimizing the use of material, keeping track of weights and center of gravity throughout the project, and do drafting with text and measurements, all in a single program with no add-ons. www.touchcad.com

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Looks interesting but a price might be even more interesting.

4. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

The web site doesnt say anything about stringer generation or making punchouts in frames so I wonder if they are just modelled as surfaces (no different to Rhino - I'm looking for more than that).

I will download the trial and have a look anyway.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.