georgian steel boat

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by radar, Apr 2, 2006.

1. radar

radar New Member

hello,wondering if anyone has put a new bottom on 38' georgian steel boat.could use some good tips.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

radar

Welcome,
    For a start you probably don't have a 38 inch boat :), secondly do you want to simply replate the bottom or completely re-design it for a different displacment/shape?

3. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

And which Georgia? The one in the easten hemisphere could have some "different" steel in it depending who made it.

4. radar

radar New Member

Hello Mike,Thanks for your reply.Sorry about the typo.The boat is 38'.Redesigning to displacement hull design is something I've thought about.I suppose that this would be as good a time as any.Do you have some input? Radar.

5. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Would you like to post some sketches of what you had in mind? We can certainly help direct you to the information you will need re scantlings.

6. Anagraph

Anagraph Junior Member

Georgian Steel re-hull

My 43.5 footer has anew hull but that wion;lt help you as I didn't do the replacement. One fellow who did, I believe, is at dhdad@rogers.com I know he replaced the gas engines with twin Mazda diesels. Hope this helps.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.