2.5 litre hydroplane design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Archive, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Archive

Archive Senior Member

To whom it may concern. With general intrest i have viewed your website. But unfourtunatly I can't find any info related to my project. I race 2.5 litre hydro plane, powerd by a ford 2300cc 4cyl, stock inboard motor. The hydro in question has been totaly overhauled and restored but is extreamly heavy making it none competitive in a field of new composite boats made from the strongest and lightist material avalable. What i need from you is any info and contacts to construct and design a new breed of competitive hydro. I have dedicated alot of time and research into the subject and would apreciate the help you can offer to this under dog of underdogs.

2. Archive

Archive Senior Member

I have been building and designing Hydroplanes for years, If you do the right things there is no reason that your wood boat should be any slower than the new composite ones. email me and I will try to help you out. Nate Brown Hyperspace@centurytel.net

Paul Scott likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.