General comments

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by bob the builder, Aug 2, 2009.

1. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

rick,

there is a real fork in the road between us.

both our cases are strong

(mine stronger

all of your reasoning is sound, and plain vanilla
    yet predicated, built by a brick upon brick logic, that is unassailable

it is obvious that your suggestion of rocker, least drag (at slow speeds only), narrow hulls is the apex of your life;

and is pyramidal (based on many, many steps of logic, each one depending 100% on the one beneath it.

and yet, i feel one photograph invalidates everything

(the photo shown above of the boat being sucked down. and it did every single thing you suggested.

to me this one photograph invalidates your apex conclusion, the highly suspect engineering fruit you are offering

all so then, your entire chain of reasoning, and therefor, every single perfectly logical step.

what is going on here?

i feel the only way we can understand each other is to talk philosophy.

(the philosophical underbelly of mathematics is logic, how well maths does at mapping the real world

we know all maths is incomplete and inconsistant.

Socrates once argued successfully that black was indeed white

the proces he used was dilution.

you dilute or pervert the first logic step slightly, and so on until you reach 180 degrees.

because i mentioned it, i know you've now read bertrand russel and understand how any logic system is perverted in a single step.

incompleteness
    any system that is inconsistant leads untimately to incompleteness

ie it folds back upon itself to be self referential, 180 degrees wrong, and so incomplete (it has boundaries, and REAL THINGS STILL exist outside these boundaries, which usually have to wait for the next generations dominant paradigm to arrive. (until the old scientists die according to linus pauling)

so;
    mapping problems do exist.

ie maths trying to describe reality. zillions of forms of maths are used that are totally nonsensical outside of their own tiny little pools

with your unassailable engineering maths, what you have done is to add one orange and another orange to suggest a boat that sucks itself down to hell

the more effort i put in, the bigger it sucks.

this is why

one single photograph

got me to go the exact opposite way to what you are suggesting.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.