construction drawing mirror dingy

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by sass, Jan 1, 2007.

1. sass

sass New Member

I will build a mirror dingy from scratch. I wonder if anyone has or know where I can get a construction drawing of the boat?

2. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

I think you will find it impossible to obtain a construction drawing of a Mirror.The boats were supplied by Bell woodworking as complete boats of kits only.The kits were supplied with a building manual but not with a construction drawing.There may be a more recently appointed kit producer,since Bell woodworking went out of business some years ago.I would suggest you try a search for the class association,as they may be the best source of information.

3. electriceric

electriceric Junior Member

I was in a similar predicament as you are in now. I searched everywhere for the mirror construction plans but I didn't find any. I think you have to buy the kit from accredited manufacturers. But since I couldn't afford one I decided to build one from scratch using the ISAF Rules on Measurement.
    http://www.sailing.org/classes/classrules/2006/MIR2006_CR_220506.PDF

I know it will never have a certificate but I've been able to sail with my own boat and that's what's important.
    here are some pictures of my new boat
    http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ftcadiz/album/576460762322471319
    eric

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  4. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

That's nice :)
    Good work!

Attached Files:

5. electriceric

electriceric Junior Member

Raggi,

I was puzzled when you attached a picture of my D4. Then i realized I didn't set the permission on my photos of the "mirror" properly so you didn't see them. Sorry about that. Please try again.

Here's another link to see the Mulan, still unpainted, being tested on the lake in the annual Round the Volcano Regatta.

http://www.pinoyboats.org/gallery/gallery2/v/events/RTV01/DSC_0318 small.jpg.html

eric

6. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Sorry about that Eric, I thought the link was wrong, and that the other boat was the one you where talking about...
    Good looking boats!

7. sass

sass New Member

*bump*

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.