Gators

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hoytedow, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

If you go see the crocs here at the crocodile farm there is a restaurant in the middle, guess what you eat there not chicken.

Hand bags come out of the other side.

You can buy a chicken carcass for a few cents and feed the crocs under the walk way to the restaurant.

A serious example of a food chain.

I read a few weeks ago a woman in financial difficulty thought it a good way to go. It was quick if not a tad messy.

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

But apparently they aren't aggressive (thank Heavens....).

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Perhaps they should have studied them from a distance before they attempted to handle them. :rolleyes:

4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I've never argued with a snake that was willing to leave me alone as long as I left him alone....

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

ALL snakes want very much to leave you alone. you are too large to eat and don't want to fight you.

The rattle says look out im here, not im going to eat you.

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Generally speaking, you're right. But you've never run into a Mojave Green, have you? They're rattlesnakes that only grow to about 3 foot max, but they're surprisingly aggressive. If you get too close to a bush they're under, the little S.O.B.'s are more likely to come straight at you than they are to rattle, much less go the other way. And some of them have a weird mix of venom for a rattler, that's classified as probably the most toxic in the New World.

They also like to run in mated pairs, so you often wind up dealing with two of them instead of one.

7. hoytedow

8. hoytedow

9. eatsleepfish

eatsleepfish Gone Fishing

guess ya'll aint run across any copperheads, them little buggers in hot weather will crawl into your path just waiting to be stepped on,, spoiling for a fight, they run a very close second to an irate woman,,, whew, what a mess,,,

10. hoytedow

No copperheads in my part of Florida, but neighbor dog was killed by a little coral snake. Poisonous as a cobra.

11. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

‘‘ June 12, 2014 - In Lafayette, LA a man is filmed feeding gators marshmallows from his mouth. ’’

Guess those gators were well fed beforehand, and maybe drugged, also the water could be to cold for the gators to be really active there. What's the water temp in Lafayette Louisiana in early June (maybe early in the morning) . . . ? ?

12. hoytedow

It is very similar to here and the water is warm(currently 85 degrees F) in our pool so we are going swimming today.

13. eatsleepfish

eatsleepfish Gone Fishing

I seen one of them red an yellow little snakes once, just looking at it worried me,
    as for the gators,, deep fried or smoked,,, nothing like a little payback,,,

14. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

A few years back, I was buying a haunch of venison from a venison farm nearby (Yorkshire), and found gator in the freezer.

I roasted the vension for Christmas dinner and we had gator for starters.

I lived in Oregon in the mid '80s, and found a first edition of Ernest Mickler's White Trash Cooking.

Here's a snippet from his recipe for 'Butt's Gator Tail':

"If you haven't eaten gator before you're in for a surprise. It's gonna taste a little bit like chicken, a little bit like pork, and a little bit like fish. It's so good, you'll wanna lay down and scream."

15. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

Is that salt water croc missing a foreleg?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.