Garmin 128 Problem

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by finnracing, Oct 27, 2011.

1. finnracing

finnracing Junior Member

Folks

I am hoping someone will be able to assist. I have a Garmin 128 on the boat. It has worked perfectly until i installed a Standard Horizon 2100e DSC radio and connected it to the GPS. I took the NMEA output from the GPS to NMEA input on the Standard Horizon and all seemed ok. GPS data appeared on the radio screen. Then after a short while the GPS switched itself off. The radio alarmed that it had lost the data. Switched the unit on again and all ok. It happens every time the radio is on. When switched off no problem at all. Is there some interference that is causing the processor to think that it is seeing off signal?

Regards

Greg

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.