New spam (user removed)

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by bilgeboy, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilgeboy

bilgeboy Senior Member

I think this is spam. Not sure. Its hard to keep track of my money, and the Nigerians just might owe me $10,000,000. I've got to keep better records.

Just thought someone might know how to eliminate this kind of thing, really no bother. I actually enjoyed some of the words, like "assiduity." Maybe reading spam carefully will make me more smarter.

Mike

This is a message from soludo at Boat Design Forums (
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/index.php ). The Boat Design Forums owners
    cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email soludo, you can use this online form:
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=13363

OR, by email:
    mailto:stambigg@yahoo.com

This is the message:

FROM THE DESK OF PROFESSOR. JOHN STANLEY
    THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK (CBN)
    HEAD OFFICE ABUJA NIGERIA
    GARIKI FACE 2.
    F.C.T ABUJA.

Attn: HONOURABLE CONTRACTOR

IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT.CONTRACT:MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009

We apologies, for the delay of your payment and all the inconveniences and
    inflict that we might have indulge you through.

However, we were having some minor problems with our payment system, which is
    inexplicable, and have held us stranded and indolent, not having the aspiration
    to devote
    our 100% assiduity in accrediting foreign contract payments. We apologies once
    again.
    From the records of outstanding contractors due for payment with the federal
    government of Nigeria, your name and company was discovered as next on the list
    of the outstanding contractors who have not yet received their payments.

I wish to inform you now that the square peg is now in square whole and can be
    voguish for that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as
    soon as you
    respond to this letter.

Also note that from my record in my file your outstanding contract payment is us
    $10,000,000.00 (Ten Million United States dollars).

Kindly re-confirm to me the followings:

1) your full name.
    2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
    3) Company name, position and address.
    4) Profession, age and marital status.
    5) Working I?d/Int'l passport.

As soon as this information is received, your payment will be made to you in a
    certified bank draft or wired to your nominated bank account directly from
    Central Bank of Nigeria.

get back to me from this email address below immidiately you get this massage
    ok?
    contact_c1@yahoo.com

Regards,

PROFESSOR CHARLES SOLUDO,
    GOVERNOR, CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN).
    DIRECT LINE:234- 80 38345456

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

New spam from boatdesign.net

One of many not too smart cons on the webwaves, Bilgeboy. But as you say, some are quite enjoyable in their wording. I take it you haven't yet been informed that you're the lucky winner of the Eurolottery yet. Something along the lines of: Your e-mail address has been drawn from several thousand and you are the winner of X billion euro-dollars. Send inside leg measurement etc etc....
    A simple response is to suggest they shove the prize up their rear end - as you are quite happy living on the charity of soup kitchens.:rolleyes:

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

The user soludo was deleted yesterday at 7:15 p.m. thanks to reports of this spam. Obviously the message you posted was not sent by boatdesign.net but by a user who signed up to the forum to send this to other members :(

I'm looking into a way to make the "send email to member" conditional on usergroup and not available until a user has x-number of posts so people can't signup to spam other members. We just did this for PM's but I have not yet had a chance to figure out how to implement this for the email a member portion of the forum software - will look into this ASAP.

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Of course the next step is to deposit some amount into their account to free up the zillion they are going to send you.

Have a bit of fun make them do some work, insist that you made the payment 5 fold for good measure , but when you supposedly confirm the transaction to them get one digit wrong on their bank account. I managed to get them running around for a while querying the bank and frantically emailing me that the bank had no record. I even offered to get a Nigerian kinsman to drop the equivalent off in cows :)

5. wdnboatbuilder

wdnboatbuilder Senior Member

Hell the nigerians owe me too. Before I can onto Boatdesign.net I just deleted one of those spams for the 5th day in a row. Exact same person as you bilgeboy. How about the one where you won the lottery in Switzerland on an internet drawing, whats up with this. I do agree maybe I will get smarter with reading them more.

6. JEM

JEM Senior Member

These scams are known as "419s".

You can post up the info you received on this site http://www.419eater.com/ and let them have a ball with the scammers.

The site specializes with jerking those scammers around.

Some of the pictures they get the scammers to take of themselves are just to die for. check out the "Trophy Room".

< posting pics? | gallery uploads >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.