Gallery Designs....WOW!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Wavewacker, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

That's my untrained eye PAR, lol, can you open the bow up above the water line so I could get my bike on and off with a small ramp? :D

I'm still tempted about a simple skiff or sharpie with an aft cabin and open bow. Too many choices.....and the gallery shows so many more possibilities and ideas just makes the head spin....I found more new pics today!

2. Sash_

Sash_ Student Naval Architect

Elite Fibreglass

hey guys I'm a Junior naval architect opened up a new company with a composite engineer and technician in Victoria.. We planning to specialize in smaller vessels and have already done number of projects!! CHECK US OUT FOR GOOD PRICES AS WE SIMPLY TRYING TO PUT OUR NAME ON THE MAP IN COMPOSITES :)) !!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Fibreglass/256357017776395

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Egress's boom could easily lift a motorcycle over the rail and drop it neatly on a dock, sea wall or even a beach. Bow doors are a nightmare just waiting to occur.

4. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Really! ? I'm surprised, you are talking about the boom for sailing and not another boom....how much weight or working load would it take?

Bolger's Bantam (his 20 something foot tri cruiser) has a false bow that bolts on and off for transport. An opening in the bow as customary for landing crafts might have an extended bow bolted on???? Just a thought...

I forgot too, I think Troy's has a small forward cabin, I was hoping going aft with at least some standing headroom at a galley and head, the helm would be nice too. I'm interested due to what appears to be the ease of construction, efficiency and shallow draft.

5. PAR

There's no sail on Egress, though you could fly a steadying sail from the mast, which would keep her head up at anchor or ease rolling in a beam sea as examples, if desired. The mast and boom are for loading things.

[​IMG]

6. Outlaw45

Outlaw45 Senior Member

wow par, thats a very interesting cruiser. how do you think it would do in the waters of the Northwest? I don't think it would be good to cruise to Alaska but just around puget sound from Olympia to maybe Queen Charolet and to Vancover BC?

Outlaw

7. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

LOL, I had another boat in mind....
    Yes, I have seen this one and it's a beauty. A boom gin pole like that could swing my bike, you're right!

Nice one! :D

8. PAR

Outlaw, Egress would do fine in your waters. She's a semi protected waters boat, but with a reasonable skipper, possably some powering upgrades, could do coastal cruising in your neck of the woods. She has a double planked bottom (two layers of plywood), making her a tough *****, so the notorious logs and slightly submerged rocks in your area, would just piss her off, not hole her.

9. Outlaw45

Outlaw45 Senior Member

Par, thats funny. somewhere else I was talking of having at least a 1 in bottom and some so called designer said don't matter if it's 1/4 or 1in. when a log hits ya your done. well, I am sorry to say but I grew up here on these waters and I wouldn't have a boat here with out at least a 1in. bottom. when the current is strong and the winds are high and this place gets to boil ya better have something under ya. no a 1/4in bottom wouldn't last long if a log got ya or a rock. It doesn't always happen but it might. so I am glad that this boat is design as a tough *****.
    I do really like her. she fits my bill. I was shocked that I haven't seen this before. now all I got to do is sell my motorhome so I can do this.
    so, how much are ya charghing for the planes and do you think a 30 or what HP would be good for her? thank you.

Outlaw

10. Outlaw45

Outlaw45 Senior Member

Par, something else. how long is the coach roof? I am planning to build either a 10 or 12 ft tender that I can fish out off and that lift would allow me to put it on top instead of towing it all the time. thanks

Outlaw

11. PAR

The main cabin roof is a little over 12', I'd have to open the file and look for a precise measurement. You could hoist a 12' boat up there and let it hang aft a little, if necessary. 30 HP (high thrust) is well suited for this boat in your area. If not powering through confused chop or doing much cruising, then a 15 or 20 is all she really needs. Contact me by email for further information.

12. Outlaw45

Outlaw45 Senior Member

thank you for the info. when I get ready I will e-mail you about all this.

Outlaw

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.