Mini Transat 650 Race Team Project

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ND Design, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ND Design

ND Design New Member

Hello

I am currently starting a new Mini Transat Project where we are going to get a firm design a brand new prototype boat for competing i races mainly in Europe.

Therefor i am looking for a lot of opinions on the basic design futures ( cantering keel, ballast tanks, etc.)

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Identify the competition...then design and build to beat them.

Its the small details and reliability that wins a race. Most folks who endeavour to make breakthroughs in design fail.

3. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Mini 650

For a Proto design, see this thread, particularly page 7 and the Sailing Anarchy Mini forum.
    While the scow has gotten a lot of publicity there is a new DSS Mini by Hugh Welbourn that may be a game changer with the advantages of the scow in terms of righting moment and a skinny hull for upwind and light air. Worth thinking about.....

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/sailboats/mini-ocean-racing-scow-39114-7.html

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.