F'un Toy Boats....

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Well - my back gave out this morning - most likely the product of hucking a half ton of lead shot - 55 lbs. a pull onto a recent build - sweet little ship - just a little crooked' on her lines about the beam - fore and aft is just about perfect though...

That is the real world vs. what a computer and a kid spews out...:)

The Whiskey and Tylenol seem to be kicking in just now - at least I can start stretching it out...

Working on a 48 inch LOA model for my shop supervisor - the 'DC-48'...

Can you guys point me to a decent site that explores the design of same...

Cheers...

Attached Files:

2. BWD

BWD Senior Member

don't be taking whisky and tylenol (acetaminopen) at the same time. The combo can cook your liver. So bad that if you were as rash as to drink heavily and take a moderate over dose of tylenol, say 12 pills in a 24 hour period, it might kill you within a few days -unless you got a new liver. Normal doses not such an immediate problem, but still a bad combo.. As a general rule Ibuprofen and most other otc pain drugs are safer for this purpose.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Right mum..

Hello...

I have been made very aware by my Doctor what I can and cannot do - and I have my wife to beat it into my head with our vaccum cleaner...

All is good - so never you mind...

ASA is not the universal pain killer they thought it would be in the 60's...

I appreciate your input though - very much...

Cheers...

SH.

4. BWD

BWD Senior Member

Yeah well, maybe tis I that needs to be beaten on the head!
    Tylenol/alcohol combo can kill though, in surpisingly low doses. The booze runs the liver out of an enzyme substrate, then the drug metabolite cooks the liver....

Posted to the thread because it's an issue the public is not aware of enough.
    US Gov't forced a PR campaign on it last year, but the drug co'$ managed to avoid mentioning the real issue in the ads -typical.
    Sorry for hijacking, I repent. As for the back pain, I know the feeling, gotta go with what works. Hope it's improving.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rescued

Rescued New Member

Hello Sean

Apart from comments on alcohol & tylenol you don't appear to have flushed out any help on your 48 inch LOA model. I'm watching the responses with interest as that information would assist me also.

Here's hoping.

6. Earl Boebert

Earl Boebert Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.