Fuel tank volume calculations

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Zappi, Dec 30, 2009.

1. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

I guess this just shows how things can get out of hand on forums. Hopefully we can all get back to our normal more considerate selves and get information passed around that will help those who need it and not make it such a chore for those who provide it. There are many here that are able and willing to pass on experience or ideas that are useful. I'm still learning after 60 years past high school. Some slack is helpful just because of the nature of the internet.

"The standard dictionary definition of curmudgeon is a "churlish, cantankerous old fellow" Whatever its etymology, curmudgeon has come to denote a not unlikeable grouch, an astute unsentimental commentator on the human condition. Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They cannot stomach pretentiousness or maudlinism. they cannot abide bores, dissemblers, montebanks or politicians (but I repeat myself) They snarl at pretense and bite at hypocrisy out of a healthy sense of outrage. They point out unpleasant facts engagingly and humorously. They comfort with satire."
    Jon Winokur, "The Portable Curmudgeon"

In a nation overly engaged with the risk of giving offense and political correctness, I consider it an honor to be called a curmudgeon.

2. mark775

mark775 Guest

Thanks, Tom. Another 25 years? I will not see that age and I am already grumpy.

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Ah, ah come on. You live in a cold region that preserves! (though hot temper can reduce life a bit)............:D

4. Zappi

Zappi Senior Member

Ahem!!! Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking for precise since I dont plan on running the tanks down below a couple inches on the dipstick. It is a SS tank so no seeing thru it.

5. mark775

mark775 Guest

You'll need a slide rule.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.