"Plastic" tanks on Oz

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Willallison, May 1, 2005.

1. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Can anyone point me to and Australian manufacturer / distributor / retailer / website for "plastic" fuel, water and waste tanks - of up to about 500L capacity?

2. BrettM

BrettM Senior Member

ATLAS Tanks Molooloba Qld.

3. Willallison

Thanks Brett - they don't appear to produce fuel tanks, but they're a good start anyway....much appreciated

Vetus produce a good range - though not really of sufficient capacity in terms of fuel tanks. I like the fact that they're translucent, but I suspect they'd be hellishly expensive in Oz...

4. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

A thought to be aware of in our USA. Metal fuel tanks must have baffels in them. But the regulations do not require them in a plastic tank because they are to difficult to do reliabily. I sure would want baffels in + 50 gallons on up in plastic or metal. Good luck.

5. ballast

ballast New Member

6. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Clever PR person trying to stick those cans on anyone. I am sure he has them glued all over the bilge of his boat. HA!

7. yipster

yipster designer

Hi Will, did you check vetus? some of their sites have the complete catalog. they are not all that expensive, worldwide and have many sizes and sorts. if i'm right they even make custom...

8. Willallison

Yeah, thanks Yipster - I have the Vetus catalogue.
    At the moment I'm working with their range of tanks - unfortunately none are really the right size - in order to make up my totla of approx 1000L , I need to use about 5 tanks! Not exactly ideal... and whilst they aren't all that expensive, by the time you whack 1/2 a dozen in with the appropriate connection, the totla cost is getting up there - for a system that's unnecessarily complex....
    I'm sure they aren't the only one's though.
    (Brett - Atlas only appear to male tanks for water and waste. I've emailed to find out about fuel - thanks for the link anyway...)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.