friendship

Discussion in 'Software' started by urisvan, May 3, 2006.

1. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

hello,
    i wonder the program- friendship for optimization.
    did anyone used it before?
    if so, can tell me some feedback about it.
    thank you

1 person likes this.
  2. sailaweigh

sailaweigh Junior Member

Do you mean Freeship perhaps?

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

4. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

Yup, nice program demo version need register but exclude some vital function if just download....... need to buy to know the full potential. Any manual?

5. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

it sounds good, to design a boat only with parametres and quickly redesign her by changing some parametres only.
    and it sounds good, to define the exact position of LCB.
    and it sounds also nice, to have fair surfaces without any effort by interactively changing the surface
    i downloaded the demo version and did not try yet.
    i havent got a manual also! that is bad.

6. burakreis

burakreis Junior Member

friendship is a unique tool. but it is not a standalone stuff indeed. it is some kind of bridge between some cad (for example multisurf) and cfd (for example shipflow, a hybrid euler-rans code) which can control the full design paramaters according to your needs. actually i have tested it very long time ago so dont know exact features of the latest version.

7. urisvan

urisvan Senior Member

when drawing in standart cad program there are problems. first it is a trial-error to match the disared prametres that you decided before drawing and the other and the bigger problem, you spend too much time to fair the surface for making a smooth hull. in the friendship manual, it is said that the model can automaticly be generated by the program when you give a enough parametres and the fairness is automaticly ensured. so it seems that it can be used as a CAD program too

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.