Books on Carbon Fibre Spars

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MikeK101, Nov 5, 2006.

1. MikeK101

MikeK101 New Member

Hi ,
    Does anyone know of any books specializing on the construction and scantlings on Carbon Fibre masts. A book written for the lay-person in mind, any help appreciated. MikeK :?:

2. Jimbo1490

Jimbo1490 Senior Member

There ain't one. I've done two successful forty footers by two disparate methods, plus many, many test layups (with follow-up destructive testing), so I think I'm up to the task of writing a book. Trouble is who would buy the book? How many copies can I reasonably expect to sell? 20? 50? It's just not worth the effort. I mean if you could get $100 or $200 a copy it just might be, just barely. But at that price you'd be hard pressed to sell 20 copies :rolleyes:

Just buy some generic composites books and figure it out like I and others have done. It'll be more fun that way :D

Jimbo

3. MikeK101

MikeK101 New Member

Reply to Jimbo

Jimbo wrote "It'll be more fun that way" no it won't Jimbo, put me down for one book Jimbo, or how about writing a paper about your experiences and construction details and posting them on this site. If you do Jimbo, I'll be your sweetheart for the day, just don't hop on a flight from Florida to Australia and try to consumate our relationship. MK

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.