Looking for BETA test users

Discussion in 'Software' started by marcb, Mar 14, 2006.

1. marcb

marcb New Member

Exclusive beta test invitation for Naval Architects!

I am writing to introduce Martec and invite you to participate in the FREE beta test of our new web-based seakeeping application WaveLoad OnDemand.

Martec is a world leader in providing naval architecture and marine engineering technology and services. Custom and commercial versions of Martec software are used today by shipyards, ship registries, naval architects and ship designers around the world. Our firm has over 30 years of experience in the technology challenges specific to simulation and analysis of ship structures.

WaveLoad OnDemand provides naval architects and designers with the ability to perform advanced seakeeping analysis quickly and reliably on a pay-per-use basis. As a web-based service, there is no expensive software to buy, install, or learn to use. Simply create an account, select your analysis options, upload your model, and download your results in minutes.

Features:
    o Fast calculation of response amplitude operators (RAO's), added resistance, damping coefficients, wave exciting force, and hull pressure loads
    o Web-based service - no software to buy, install, learn, upgrade or maintain
    o Pay-per-use pricing - pay only for the results that you need
    o Intuitive step-by-step procedure to get results quickly and easily
    o Secure and confidential - Analysis and payment data is stored securely

WaveLoad OnDemand is currently in beta release and looking for potential beta test users. If you are interested, please e-mail me at: brousseau@martec.com.

2. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Do you have a website we can browse?

Having to send our designs out-of-house it is a big negative I'm sorry to say. Too much risk of that expensive hullform being cloned.

3. doctor

doctor New Member

yeahh a website to support those things you've just listed , do you have ?

4. marcb

marcb New Member

Sorry we do not have a web site you can browse without attaching a hullform. Maybe you could use a sample hullform design? Our web site is: www.waveloadondemand.com. The page is still under design but you could sign up for a free account and try out the application with a sample hullform design to see what you think of the seakeeping results.

Also, we do abide by our privacy policy and do not use your hullform file for anything besides diagnosing problems with our application. We are not in the business of design, we are an engineering firm (we're more interested in solving problems, not design).

5. mmd

mmd Senior Member

I know of these guys from my days working in the naval support industry in Halifax. They are certainly not a "new kid on the block" organization, and as R&D contractors to both the Canadian & US navies, I trust them to be able to keep a secret. The primary company website is www.martec.com, but there is not information there about the software that marc is discussing there.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.