FreeShip Offset file (output)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Southbrook, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Southbrook

Southbrook Junior Member

Hi folks,
    I'm trying to get a conventional table of offsets out of FreeShip. I imported a proven text surface file (reversedmoos.txt - thank you Gilbert), enabled intersection curves, took the defaults (13 stations, 2 waterlines, 4 buttocks, 2 diagonals), checked the display (looked good) and exported the offsets file. No problem so far. But...

When I looked through the resulting offsets file, I found there are 38 (!) offsets for each station (not counting the separate sections of the file for buttocks and diagonals).

My (somewhat limited) experience with offset tables is that for each station, there are only offsets provided at the waterlines (and at the sheer line). So in this limited experiment, there should be two offsets for each station (3 including the sheer).

So now my question: - is there a way to to reduce the number of offsets at each station to just those at the waterlines? Boats in the size range I'm working with might have 10 stations and 6 or 8 waterlines (plus 5 buttocks and maybe 2 diagonals.) I need this traditional format for some museum work.

Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
    Frank

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.