FreeShip > macheta > GCode > CNC

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ata, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Ata

Ata Junior Member

Hello good people ...
    Before I do something ..real, I try to make a scale model first, on CNC, to see what it will look like later.
    I exported DXF 3D mash> CamBam> export GCode ... but simulated in Mach3 ... there are few lines after which it mills.
    How to do, where to modify to get the model on CNC ...?

Attach a .fbm file
    Thank you in advance .

Google Translate ...

Attached Files:

2. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

You cant get out a right 3d file from exporting hull from this one, because it need a thickness or a solid, to make that you can export as IGES and make the shell from the surfaces with an other cad, or export it in OBJ or STL and import in a software like Blender and make solid using tools provided by software and then import that in your CNC to get a correct gCODE

3. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Here a Solid from the hull exported as OBJ and imported in Blender then modified into solid one with a thickness and other as a solid and exported into STL that is supported format 3D format by CamCad. The file zipped contain 2 STL and Blender source that can be edit and original file OBJ exported used for this modify
    Solid.png

Attached Files:

4. Ata

Ata Junior Member

pafurijaz

Thanks a lot ... I'll study and I hope I understand ... if not ... I'll bother you again.

5. Ata

Ata Junior Member

I imported STL from you in cambam, ..exported .nc, for CNC. I then opened it in Candle CNC and it appears ... img.1, The one obtained by me appears .... img.2, ... but with few lines for milling ... I'm only interested in the outside, the inside can be full , ...I do not know what to say...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      272.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      259.8 KB
      Views:
  6. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Hi Have you test both files one is a solid. I don't have CamBam, I take a look in specific software under Linux and I try to get out the right file, for gCODE output.

7. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

OK, I can't find any small working application for CNC milling under Linux, I tested a new one file of hull convert into solid, here in the zipped file there's many files e new stl solid fixed with Slicer for 3d printer, and other for common CADs as STEP and one try with FreeCAD for CNC path generation from 3d but I'm not an expert in that, for any issues related to CadBam I suggest you to ask in appropriate forum for that specif problem maybe they can help better on that.
    FreeCAD_cnc_path02.png

Attached Files:

8. Ata

Ata Junior Member

Hello.
    I tried the first files, they're not OK.
    I will try the latest ones ... I'll let you know the results ...

9. Ata

Ata Junior Member

The only file in which something appears when I open it in Cam Bam is..Mockup 30cm_Solid-01_fixed ... Certificate trust list. It looks like in the pictures ... but it fails to produce GCode....

Attached Files:

10. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

I don't know very well this application, but from the manual the I already know that it doesn't open other types that are only if you have the ability to convert that into dxf with other software, but I made a conversion of this in many different DXF version for you with gCAD3D a free CAD software from OBJ maybe these are more suitable for CadBam, but for other problem on that I can't help you because this are a specific issues related to software and I suggest you to ask in the forum of CadBam.
    Below a zipped dxf fiels exported with gCAD3D a free software that can also help you in your workflow

Attached Files:

11. Ata

Ata Junior Member

I also took out dxf from what you gave me ... but I'm not ok ..
    nothing you sent me now..display: unhandled entry: 3Dface

12. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

Sorry I can't help more I don't know what is your problem, ask in the forum for CadBam is the best way..

13. pafurijaz

pafurijaz Senior Member

The last try with Blender but I don't know if this DXF works,

Attached Files:

14. Ata

Ata Junior Member

The same ... unhandled entry: 3Dface

No problem, I think the problem is in FreeShip design ... I discovered something and I'm working ... I keep you ... up to date ..

Thanks anyway..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.