Freeship/Hydronship 3.29+(test) is available

Discussion in 'Software' started by CmbtntDzgnr, Jan 12, 2012.

1. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

http://hydronship.net/index.php?lang=en

New test version 3.29+
    New features:
    * Fixed calculation of the hydrostatics coefficients for yacht with a keel and hull with a dome
    * Added calculation of initial stability in a moving coordinate system (with Zmin <> 0)
    * Added calculation of planing ships by the method of Compton (Compton-1986) for the displacement and semiplaning regimes
    * Added calculation hard chined planing ships by the method of Robinson (Wolfson-1999)
    * Added a calculation for hard chined planing ships by Radojcic-1985's method (62 series TMB)
    * It's added 20 new multilanguage messages

I think I'm going to like this change:

"* Added calculation of initial stability in a moving coordinate system (with Zmin <> 0)"

2. CmbtntDzgnr

CmbtntDzgnr Senior Member

I am happy to say that FS 3.29+ allows me to re-set the baseline of my hull to the keel plate instead of the sonar dome's bottom. And, FS 3.29+ accounts for the slight change in several of the coefficients. Entrance angle seems stable or non-shifting. Powering is almost unchanged.

Now, happily, I can modify the sonar dome to improve flows and still keep the keel as my baseline (i tend to use the outer/bottom face of the b/l instead of the inside face, since I assume that whatever thickness the hull is, deflection or compression could still be taken into consideration later. Also, is it assumed in construction dwgs that the baseline is measured from inside because the thickness may vary outwardly? Or, was this done in the paper days because manufacturing in that time or earlier assumed or experienced that only one side of plate was smooth or quality enough to be the welded side for a given purpose?

Is that reasonable on my part to assume?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.