deck beams query

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazeyjack, Apr 15, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

I am sorry to pester with a new thread, but afraid the question would get lost in the mail:))
    In delft, is it possible to enter factors into beam height, like .5393 at 2/3 beam and so on, or does one have to enter control points to get the curve of beam?
    In my hand loft days I would use factors .8818 and .5393 on each and every beam,
    As it is by adding edge and moving to C/L the (beams end up as oblique triangles:(( so??

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

You'd have to model it by using controlpoints

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

so, did you see my post in fave software?
    this means Martin that the beam shape could be anything? Not a parabolic shape, and the offsets for the beams would come from buttocks,
    could you incorporate such a factor as the one I descibed, like a button to auto shape the beam from the height above the end point like the factors .8818 and .5393 work well at 1/3 beam and 2/3 beam, actually I see a way of doing that already by control points, um er as soon as I figure how to add those points!!
    you want to sell your pro versions down here, try Alloy yachts in NZ. dibley marine architects nz, sensation yachts nz, yachting developents nz, or look under
    http://www.nzmarine.com/directory.php
    thanks very much for delftfree, it is the only one with a decent tutorial, in my opinion

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.