Freeship and Windows 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by LP, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Has anyone tried to run Freeship on Windows 8?

Has anyone tried to run it on a Surface tablet?

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I have not run Freeship on a tablet but I run it in Windows 8. It works fine. I haven't had any problems with it.

3. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

No reason why it shouldn't work on Win 8. I've run it - you just run it in the Desktop mode.

As to Surface - the question arises WHICH "surface" the RT line does not run x86 native compiled software so that would be a problem

4. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Thanks, Guys.

I was thinking the 8 would be ok. I'm thinking a Windows based tablet would be an interesting device for designing if the software could utilize the touch based interface.

5. Baltic Bandit

Baltic Bandit Previous Member

Well in desktop mode the touch screen acts like a mouse does. But I think you will end up using the mouse as it is more precise

6. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

HP is rolling back to Windows 7 on many of their new computers and devices, because of Windows 8 glitches with software. I would suspect you can "emulate" whatever OS your software prefers, even in Windows 8.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.