Boat Vibration

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by hands87, Jan 23, 2007.

1. hands87

hands87 New Member

I have mounted my motor and connected the universal shaft. I have taken it out for a test launch and it idles fine but when I start to lay into the throttle it starts to vibrate from what seems to be the pump and the boat does not pick up speed. Could it be that the motor and the pump are not exactly inline and if so is there any way to adjust the shaft of the pump without making new motor mounts? The pump is a berkley. Any help would be great.

2. BTScow

BTScow Junior Member

I don't have much experience with jet drives but have aligned a lot of inboards and it sounds like an alignment issue.

3. Woodnaut

Woodnaut New Member

U-joint vibration from alignment or phasing

U-joints can cause vibration if there is an alignment or a phasing issue. Both of these are described in an article located here: http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/drivelinephasing/drivelinephasing.html

You can probably find some other resources on this topic by searching the web with "u-joints vibration phasing" or something like that. Best of luck and hope this helps.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.