Freelance yacht interior designer available

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by julian moore, Dec 11, 2012.

1. julian moore

julian moore New Member

I am a freelance yacht interior designer with a strong background in design and manufacture. I have a great deal of real world experience in working in yards and understand how to design and detail yachts to maximise the visual impact, whilst keeping the design to a budget. I have links with other top UK based freelancers who help me on projects with systems design and management as well as fabric and furnishings specification.

I have spent enough time in yards to accept the different ways that each boat-builder likes to work and find a way to work around them and learn from each project. I am use to working from the sketch presentation stage, to full 3d models and photo realistic renderings and finally to full shop construction drawings. I have worked on power and Sail boats from 30ft to 150metres, one off and mass production. I can design, detail and manage lightweight interiors. As I am a freelancer I don’t have huge studio overheads so I can afford to be very competitive on project costs. Please feel free e-mail or to call and discuss any projects, visuals or drawing work you need help with.
    With best regards
    Julian

info@jumo-design.co.uk

2. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Can you post some examples of your interiors projects or provide a website reference.
    Interior design is alway problematic with Chinese buyers of yachts, they can't see why its a separate cost from the boat design and expensive

3. julian moore

julian moore New Member

Hello Watchkeeper

Thank you for replying to my thread.
    I do have a website but as I am a freelance designer I don't own the copyright to most of the work I have done throughout my career. So it only has some basic information on it at the moment. If you would e-mail me I could send you more information.

www.jumo-design.co.uk

I have been involved in a mixture of projects in the last four years as a freelancer. I have worked for Reymond Langton design and Mark Berryman design designing, detailing and visualising interiors on a number of super-yacht projects

http://reymondlangtondesign.com/

http://www.markberrymandesign.com/

I also work for Humphreys Yacht Design working on interior and exterior styling and production detailing and visualisation.
    http://www.humphreysdesign.com/
    I have also a good grasp of production yacht construction. In previous Senior design roles I have worked for XSMG, Hanse Yachts, gaining a great deal of practical build experence. I also have a good understanding of the yacht industry, so I can design for a market and budget.
    At the moment every project I work on is different. Some of my client just want me to produce production drawings, others want me to visualise their designs. I am happy to work on any aspect of the build process from concept design to breakdown drawings.. Depending on the project I am happy to work on a hourley rate, day rate or a fixed price project fee.
    if you require further information or would like to see some examples of my work please contact me via e-mail

info@jumo-design.co.uk

best regards
    Julian

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.