Looking for Islander 21 sailboat History

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by John C Jordan, Dec 18, 2004.

1. John C Jordan

John C Jordan New Member

If some body remember the Islander 21' . Was built by the Islander Corporation
    in Costa Mesa California. I would like to know who design the boat and if anybody has a set of drawings. Please let me know.
    Thank you
    John

2. prettygoodguy11

prettygoodguy11 New Member

I have some info

I have some information on the Islander 21, though most of it is sketchy. Of all the sailboats I have researched (not that there were thousands or anything) I have never seen one more lacking in internet presence. http://groups.msn.com/Islander21 is where I have some pics posted and will soon be posting the sales brochure. I am hoping to find more owners who want to trade information.

kap

3. stevepipit

stevepipit New Member

Islander 21 Sailboat Brochure

KAP -- If you are still there, and still have your brochure, how can I get a copy?

Steve

4. Tailhook

Tailhook New Member

Does anyone have information or a brochure on an Islander 21. My uncle has started restoring one and has no sailing background. He is an engineer and has done some great structural repair and fiberglass work on the boat. I am trying to help him determine what it is supposed to really look like and how it is to be rigged. He is not even sure the entire keel is there. The boat is in a sling on dry land at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.
    -Thanks, Tailhook

5. wilsonart

wilsonart New Member

Try boatbrochure.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.