Question about Autowing

Discussion in 'Software' started by McFish, Jan 4, 2016.

1. McFish

McFish New Member

Hello everyone, Does anyone here familiar with autowing 3.0 software? It's a software for designing and calculate hydrofoils. I have a questions about this, I just trying to use this software for my design but there's a problem. When calculating the design, this figure always occur and the analysis never solved. Please if anyone know how to fix it? Thank you

Attached Files:

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

I've not used Autowing, so I don't know the details of the software. But I would take a look at your input coordinates, especially at the leading and trailing edges. You may have a situation where the coordinates of the top and bottom surfaces slightly pass through each other. Also, look for points that are duplicated or (if imported from CAD) out of order.

3. McFish

McFish New Member

Thank you for your advice, I'll take a look and see what's going next

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.