Rhino hydrostaticts

Discussion in 'Software' started by MYD, Jan 1, 2009.

1. MYD

MYD Junior Member

I am wrestling with the hydostatics in Rhino.
    I have "built" a design I did 10 years ago and have built and sailed a lot so I know the data well. Having "built" it in Rhino all displacement figures fits very well but when I try to run the hydrostatics with input from the weight calculator the boat end up floating bow down more than 45 dgr.

Anybody out there with experience from this tool. I think I have followed the instructions in the hydrostatics help but obviously I am doing something wrong.

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Hummm....

Perhaps check where you are from zero....the boat may be positioned on the negative side rather than the positive?

3. MYD

MYD Junior Member

Thanks, I had the boat on the negative side with the zero at the forward end of the waterline.

I moved it so the aft part of the transom is now at zero and the boat is on the positive side and now it all comes out right but when I ask to have the boat in the correct floatation position it moves aft till it has the zero point about midways??????????????

4. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

So you are using rhino-marine.

If it ends up trimming down by 45 degrees your weights and moments are out. Check that your upright CG matches your CB for a start.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.