FREE!Ship Dummy

Discussion in 'Software' started by LP, Feb 10, 2006.

1. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Here a piece of candy for Freeship users. I wanted to give my creations a size perspective, so I have drawn a 6' (give or take) dummy to stand at the tiller. Not too detailed, gives the impression of size though. I'm not going to vouch for proportion either. He's a little stiff too. Maybe somebody can makehim relax a bit and maybe sit down too.

It's just a silly little file, but if you want to drop it into a Freeship you'll need to export it as a part file and then import it into the appropriate file of your choice.

I've gotten the boatdesign.net administrators to allow .fbm and .part files to be uploaded to the site.

Attached Files:

• body.fbm
      body.fbm
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor Junior Member

Fun! I made a Little Guy a couple of months ago (before the .part feature was available). Because he's asymmetrical, he grows a couple of extra arms when imported as a .part!

[​IMG]

3. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Good job! Way more detail than mine.

My guy was drawn on the centerline so half of him disappears in half hull mode or if he's displaced laterally, he splits in half. Right even parts are symmetric about the centerline. I guess the part function allows you to do stock parts.

I've noticed that there is no way (that I've found) to edit a part unless you import it into a regular file.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.