Free patterns? Is there anybody who knows?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by millos_bgd, Apr 7, 2005.

1. millos_bgd

millos_bgd New Member

Is there anybody who has idea, how to get free patterns for some motorboat? I like a EURO 10 by bruce roberts, but I don't have possibility to pay that. Any kind of help or advice will be very usefull. Thank you!

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

The ONLY way to get them free is to STEAL them.

Intelectual property(PLANS) is how the designer lives.

Boats built with Stolen Plans have really BAD Karma, from the start , there is NO cure for a Jinxed boat.

FAST FRED

3. Danielsan

Danielsan Amateur designer-builder?

What will you intend to do if you don't have enough money to buy the plans, will you have enough to build the boat? You could try to find some free designs or so. Could also try to get some smaller kit like the ones I found a few days ago @ http://www.dolphinsboats.com
    You can also wait and see if you like my design, could provide NC files to let them cut for a verry low price, but be carefull, I am not a pro designer or so,I just do this for fun, the thing might even not float, I hope it does. :D

greetz,

4. yago

yago __

Plans can be expensive (Roberts is not really expensive...) and building a boat is even more so.

There are a lot of free designs out there (mine for example, although that's sail and won't fit your bill.. ;) ) and you could either use or maybe even modify one of them or do your own design - it's not rocket science if you stay well within a well proven concept and are willing to invest a bit of money and a lot of time & work into the learning process.

There are also second hand plans from aborted projects and suche licenses can sometimes (not always) be resold legally.

If somebody passes you the plans with the intention of a second boat to build based on one single original license you both break his contract with the designer. Here at boatdesign.net you have clearly come to the wrong place for that.

5. mackid068

mackid068 Semi-Newbie Posts Often

Try working on your own and basing it, BASING IT, mind you, on the sucessful design of someone else.

6. Milan

Milan Senior Member

7. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

The bottom line here is that if the plans are too expensive for you, then building the boat is WAAAAAY out of your budget. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.