fiberglass question

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by beaver retrieve, Oct 5, 2015.

1. beaver retrieve

beaver retrieve New Member

I bought a bait tank a big one that was made out of fiberglass glass and gel coated and you could stand on it it was really stuff and light I would like to build something for my truck like a box with doors you could stand on can any plz help me figure this out I've been all over online

2. appleconcern

appleconcern New Member

Are you just looking for a place to buy fiberglass or are you looking for a design?

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

This site has lots (thousands) of previous threads about applying 'glass to just about everything you can think of. Maybe some searching might help. You'll need to familiarize yourself with the materials and techniques, then work up a design that's suitable.

It sounds like you're looking to build a road box, that's stout enough to stand on. Maybe an opening top or lid, living at the front of the bed of a pickup? Not a terribly difficult thing to do, though some thought into reinforcement will be necessary, to keep it light and strong. Can you post a sketch of what you're looking to make?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.