Free Boat Plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Mckruger, Jul 19, 2011.

1. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

Why in your profile do you think its important to say you are a WHITE male....??

2. Ilan Voyager

Ilan Voyager Senior Member

Par, you're so right... It's funny because I've never found a forum of amateur surgery, with some ridicule questions of the kind; do I use catgut for a heart by pass surgery? On boats there plenty with always same the stupidities...Intellectual laziness also, because someone who reads with dedication a few good books on boat design about boats arrives to the conclusion; I'll design my pram but for my 45 footer I'll hire a NA...unless you spend a few years in a shipyard or NA or NE office.

It's also the same with planes. Happily in the States there is the FAA, and in France the Aviation Civile so you'll never get the certification of the plane...even in Experimental, or ULM.

1 person likes this.

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm sure if McKruger re-read his initial post, it would appear as I assumed. I've apologized for a possible overstep in his regard, but he again interpreted this, not as it was intended. He knows what he had in mind for his posting, though we don't and must rely of the precious few words supplied.

As you well know Ilan, one of the biggest issues we see here, isn't folks looking for an answer, but the questions they ask and how they ask them. I attempt to overcome this difficulty with verbosity at times and sometimes my humor doesn't come across as funny, but I can't help what folks have in the minds or what they haven't reiterated in their posts.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.