Frankenboat questions

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Paul Scott, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Paul Scott

Paul Scott Senior Member

I’m toying with turning an L 7 into a catamaran: I have a lovely new Phil’s foil db, and a very nice large rudder- anybody have experience with

single db, double rudders, like the Arrow Catamaran

single db, single rudder, like amaryllis 1, or iirr, the narrow cats?

Not looking for Olympic speeds, I have a nice rotating carbon wing mast folding Gunter rig.

as long as I’m at it, any thoughts out there about joining the beams together w/o the center hull. Beams are sliders, parallel, in boxes. Clunk clunk. Seems simpler (to attach them with something in the middle, either overlapping or not. Currently, they don’t overlap, more like end to end.

looking at the Shark Catamaran (which I loved) as a model, but non folding, solid deck, fold down blister, ~like the D class Beowulf. I currently have slip for the 16’ wide L7.

???

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.