posting photos

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by SamSam, Apr 17, 2007.

1. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Has the forum changed or what? I can't go to "attach files" and use that function to post photos anymore. I now have an icon with a couple mountains on it that says "Insert Image" when I put the cursor on it. How does that work? (I also posted this under the "random photo" thread and will remove one or the other if it's a problem) Sam

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

There have not been any intentional changes.

When you click the blue Post Reply button or Go Advanced, are you seeing the Manage Attachments button under Additional Options?

(the 'mountain' icon just inserts IMG tags which can pull an image from your own external webspace if so desired.)

Attached Files:

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

Jeff, Below is what I just posted in the ''Random picture thread''. I believe something is wrong with my computer and not the forum. Another problem we're having is with yahoo mail. We can open our 'inbox', but when we open individual messages, all the usual stuff is displayed, including the space for the message, but not the messages themselves. Sam

Quote:
    Originally Posted by charmc
    Sam, My problem has always been that pictures show up too small. I use the paperclip icon in the upper row of the posting toolbar, and get the "managing uploads" window. There is also a "Managing attachments" button in the "additional options" section just below where we write our text. Hope that helps.

I used to have ''Managing attachments'' in that section but now it says ''Attach files'' and is inopperable. My wife recently uninstalled Norton anti something and she thinks it took stuff that didn't belong to it when it left, like 'system restore' and various other goodies. I also have problems with quotation marks in posting. I have to use two parenthesis. If I use regular quotation marks, it ends up like in your post above, with the " stuff. Sam

4. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I just looked and the ''Manage attachments'' button isn't there. Sam

5. openboater

openboater Junior Member

just test photo upload

Attached Files:

< News page | Frank Mighetto Poll >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.